Dane G's Mini Reef

attachment.php

Lol, it looks like a picasso painting...

lol i could still make out some things on a picaso painting. here i can maybe make out what looks like a mushroom maybe??? oh and i dont think it is tapatalk that is the problem.. its the phone you use lol:tt2:

well what are the PO4 and NO3 readings? and more than likely its from moving the setup and leaching out from the rocks

nope, but been down this road many times...
an old tank that is moved resets most things, now to find the source of the problems

nope, but been down this road many times...
an old tank that is moved resets most things, now to find the source of the problems

And I found the problem! Whilst checking the bio-cubes and ceramic rings, I found the back compartment was full of muck and sediment, so plan of action will be to siphon the back compartments during the next water change I will continue dosing stability and prime till the weekend. Any other suggestions on how to proceed

Last edited by a moderator:
once it is clean, just keep it clean, gravel too

Yes the rock was prev in a tank then dried out in the sun

There is a lot of die off inside that rock. It will cause a big cycle, that could take longer than a normal cycle before all the corpses are sorted out in that rock.

also remove the ceramic rings. trap for nitrates

i also added a small 200L/h pump with the bio-cubes so i have plenty of well aerated water moving through them:thumbup:

will remove Bio balls and ceramic rings ( found a lekker groot bristle worm in one of the bags), will add bag of carbon, is there any other media i should add to those compartments in the back?

Last edited:
i also added a small 200L/h pump with the bio-cubes so i have plenty of well aerated water moving through them:thumbup:

will remove Bio balls and ceramic rings ( found a lekker groot bristle worm in one of the bags), will add bag of carbon, is there any other media i should add to those compartments in the back?

Purigen, think it can even cure global warming. I have also used Chemipure in the past.

Purigen, think it can even cure global warming. I have also used Chemipure in the past.

Cool thanx will check those out. a new bit of news the Xenia frags are growing!! I'm super stoked! They are visibly larger so I'm super happy with them. Still have to connect the ATU and clear out the compartments and replace the bio-balls and ceramic rings, I remember someone doing a light mod so chaeto can grow in the compartments does anyone have a link to that thread?

Look in my ex-tank thread for the refugium mod.

Will do thanks. Found a hitchicker shroom pretty lil blue red one must of come in with the zoa frags will upload pics this evening

Back
Top Bottom