Custom Nano tank on my office desk

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have attached pics of my office tank.
I had it made ovr a year ago and it is coming along nicely.

What do you guys think?

I have a algae issue that I cant seem to shake comlpetely, but I will not give up the fight.

36074f7051a4e3f64.jpg

36074f7051a4d8f85.jpg

36074f70517258a98.jpg

36074f705172520d9.jpg

36074f7051724b762.jpg

36074f70517244ded.jpg

36074f70512a169bf.jpg

36074f70512a0fffc.jpg

36074f70512a0833b.jpg

36074f70512a011fd.jpg

36074f705129edeb3.jpg

36074f7051723d8bd.jpg

Looks great, tell us a bit more about it - size, filtration, lighting, maintenance routine etc.
Also how long you had the mandarin in there, is it getting enough food?
:peroni:

Hey Africa,

Thank you for the compliment :)

The tank is about 110L, it has 4 25W T-5 powerchrome lights, pink, blue and 2 x white.
I have a phophate reactor with phosban running as well as some carbon in the sump area.
Filtration is dont via bio blls and ceramic rings and seems to be workign quite well, I have a lot of little copods runnind around in the back.

Maintance, weekly 25L water changes and daily RO top ups.
Because the tank does not have a lid, I suffer from evaporation and find myself doing daily tops ups and using about 25L every second week.

I was very lucky with the Mandarin, I was hatching brine shrimp for it as well as some corals and noticed the Mandarin was actually taking frozen food as well.. so I have returned to feeding frozen food as well.

Stock in the tank:

2 x carpet anemone
1 x bubble tip anemone
1 x bubble coral
zenia and polyps
red and green mushrooms
small clam
cleaner shrimp
2 clown fish
3 chromis
jumping bean angel fish
2 x blue eyed cardinals
sand sifting star
2 blue legged hermits
1 mandarin

I made the mistake of introducting algae in my tank when i moved some corals from a tank I have at home.. it has bloomed and has taken me months of fighting and still havent defeated the beast

Stunning nano!
What fish is in that first pic? Looks cool.

Shot dude, that fish is called a blue eyed cardinal. Not too aggressive and they are a pair. It looks the the male is carrying eggs as well. I'll try and take pics... Every now and then, he spits out this sack of lumpy stuff and then swallows it back into his mouth. Its been a few weeks already, hopefully it'll become something exciting in a few days time.

Looks very good:thumbup: specially for a custom build.
What do you do when you go away or over weekends?

Looks very good:thumbup: specially for a custom build.
What do you do when you go away or over weekends?

Thank you very much :)

I have shown the guys in the office what do when I am away. They keep an eye on the water levels and do Ro top ups and feed if they need to.

I work most weekends as this place never sleeps and I am in the IT industry, so Saturdays are water change days.

Wow, stunning colors and brave fish selection. Definitely needs something like this at work.

Thank you very much. I tried to get as many colors as possible.
I would like to find some type of sponge, yellow or red and some Zoa's or Ricordea.

Back
Top Bottom