CTRC meeting 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
And theres more things to worry about than drinking,conditions and the way lfs do marines is right on top of things tolook at..sorry my point of thinking

Yes... True, and the industry is going to take ppl serious who consume alc at 10.30 in the morning.

Really, Don't get me wrong, I do not have a problem with ppl consuming alcohol, drugs or whateva they choose to, but there is a time and a place...

Then when the meeting is over the chairman can say somthing like let the party begin.

2) Meeting will start at 10:30 with talks and there will be a frag demo. Wayne will be fragging my Galaxy for Glen
3) by 12 bells we should be finished and the meeting will open to braai, drinks and reef chat !
CTRC meeting - Local Reefing Clubs and Associations

Which was the original intention.....

Also guys..... We have a large contingent of Muslim reefers here in CPT (Why you think most lfs where they are and owned by who they are) and I don't see them lending their support to a any excuse becoming a reason to get pssd.

Oh, Please keep the politics outta this, If whoever has something valuable to contribute, let them.

Jacques I will post an agenda on the site in due course, I cannot post it now as IMACSA has not happened yet and most of the meeting will be around IMACSA and it's content so it is a bit premature.

After IMACSA the committee will sit and plan the meeting, then I will post the agenda.

The last meeting we had was a great success, a great time was had by all, I am sure that it will grow from strength to strength with your support, I fail to see how complaining about drinking at a social gathering is constructive, it was a bring and braai event and most people drank, I don't see the problem with that, just now members will be saying that we can't drink past 4:30 pm cos it is offensive. Agreed there is a time and place for it.. the last meeting was the time and place, it was advertised as a social event. It does not give us any less credibility because members drink at a social gathering.

Rob, the venue will be posted closer to the time.

With regards to the structure of the meetings some will be formal in structure, some will be social, the formal structures will be for when we have special guest speakers as an example, these meetings will be almost like a lecture format. The social events will be like the last meeting where there will be announcements and updates given by the chairman and the rest of the time will be allocated to reef talk, braai and drinking.

I hope that clears up the matter.

Muz do you want to hear me complain? Well having some fat guy burp beer in my face at 10h30 in the morning seems like a good reason to complain.Oh sorry maybe I should have said something at the time.

Cheez, this is hectic. I do not think that anyone was intoxicated. It was a first meeting and from other developments that had taken place recently it went pretty well. Having a beer surely is not the be all and end all. Was pretty damn hot as I recall. You will be able to satisfy most of the time but not all. Bet if it was a formal meeting there would have been complaints as well.

Zookeeper surely you can still chat to someone regarding reefing even if they are having a beer. This was the first meeting and as far as I was concerned a good icebreaker from recent developments on the forums.

It has been mentioned before and I will mention it again. If anyone has a complaint regarding the CTRC, members of the CTRC incompasing all aspects of the club, all complaints should be addressed in writing to the chairman.. yes me, and it will be taken up at the next committee meeting for action.

If someone burped beer in your face and you feel that it warrants a written complaint to the committee you are welcome to do so, if you would like us to invite your mommy and the offending party to a special closed session to make your voice heard I will arrange it, however I just assume that you are big enough to take it up with the offending individual and sort it out yourself. If however you cannot do that , the committee will be happy to intervene and get your ever ilusive appology from the said member in question.. If I may ask Zookeeper, how old are you, I am not sure how to respond to your posts and I do not wish to offend, I always have my diplomatic hat on. Further, I thought I made the effort to meet everyone at the meeting, I do not remember meeting you, did you fill out an application form ??

I as the chairman have a lot of work to do, support is what I need, if there is constructive critisizm I am open to it, if someone takes a sip of your drink please don't feel like you have to complain on a public forum about it. I have requested that these forums do not turn into mud slinging matches but as Irie says.. some guys you just can't reach!

Muz in all fairness here.... i remember you mentioned you guys want to get 2OC involved... those guys - the top brass not the aquarists - will look at a bunch of fishkeepers drinking beer at 10:30 am and run a mile. Ditto for most companies in the industry.

perhaps the club meetings need to be move after 1 or 2?

This would be hysterical if it wasn't so sad.

I'll be at the next meeting because this is the only reef club I have. Kudos again to those who got off their (fat, drunk) asses and organised it.

If people are shooting up heroin in the toilets and I find that offensive I'll leave.

Zookeeper, it sounds like you're exaggerating the facts for effect. You're also being unnecessarily sarcastic. Grow up.

Sorry, that's just the whiskey talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom