Crab ID

Reaction score
Hi
This little crab seems to have been a hitchhiker from a piece of LiveRock that I got. My tank has been cycling for 1.5 weeks.
Can someone please help ID - is this little guy good \ bad ?
Thanks

crab.jpg

Put a piece of fresh hake (small piece) in the bottom of a drinking glass and lean it up against the rock just before you turn the lights off. Wait about 30 minutes and you will have caught a crab! They go in to eat and then can't climb out as they can't grip on the glass. Works like a charm!!

Last edited:
Put a piece of fresh hake (small piece) in the bottom of a drinking glass and lean it up against the glass just before you turn the lights off. Wait about 30 minutes and you will have caught a crab! They go in to eat and then can't climb out as they can't grip on the glass. Works like a charm!!
It looks like a gorilla crab they get nasty:devil2:, but agree with what LouiseS says.:thumbup:

Managed to catch the crab - here are 2 pics. Response on what type of crab this is would be appreciated

IMAG0120.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

agreed, looks like a gorrilla crab to me as well, ive always thought these fellows were so cute, pity they mess up things in a DT so much, but are quite fine in a sump:)

Back
Top Bottom