Coralline growth

Reaction score
Hi guys I would like some input on the growth of the coralline growth in my tank ...all my corals are very healthy .My question or should I say my concern is the coralline if its going to negatively impact my tank in anyway as the live rock is covered by it .I like the way its covered the black perspex on the back of my tank ....pls guys I need your views

20150203_211312.jpg

20150203_211312.jpg

it has several affects but none dire, it will use Ca and Mg in your tank, and as it grows over rocks it can make them "water proof" which can be controlled with an urchin etc

some grow it as a show piece
platingcoralline.jpg

hi Dallasg and Taahirs , I have always had great coralline growth in my tanks as this is my second reef tank and its now running for about 17months .I have always kept lps corals and now I have started keeping some sps so I hope it goes well .Hope the coralline dont suck up too much of the ca and mg

cool, means params are good :)
keep it up, nice pic

I think it should be added to the list of nuisance algae. Grows fast, sucks up things that corals need, relatively hard to remove from glass and grows when your parameters are good.

I think it should be added to the list of nuisance algae. Grows fast, sucks up things that corals need, relatively hard to remove from glass and grows when your parameters are good.

lucky you dont author that list :p

how does one keep it under controle as I would not want it to totally block my live rock and which will then serve no purpose

install an urchin :p

1 tuxedo urchin, see if you like what he does, need more gone, add another, suppliment feeding with nori sheet tied to a small rock etc

okay thanks alot will get one soon as I find it in a lfs, in regards to getting him to eat the nori is one story and the chances are going to be very slim to non considering that every one of my fish goes crazy for nori .

okay thanks alot will get one soon as I find it in a lfs, in regards to getting him to eat the nori is one story and the chances are going to be very slim to non considering that every one of my fish goes crazy for nori .

feed it at night

Back
Top Bottom