coraline algae

Reaction score
hi guys i got a question i have the regular pink coraline algae would any other lr would have buti seem to have 2 other type s 2 thy look the same but the one is light green and the other black or dark grey do u guys know what it is since i had it the green one has died (gone white) but seems to be ok in the shade of the rock and the black one seems to be getng lighter but the pink coraline seems to be ok any help plz guys

You do get different strains of coralline which have different colours, can't say I have heard of a black variety.

The green is normal or though rare and different shades of pink are quite common.

The only creature I know that is black that grows on the LR is sponges.

ok i will here is a pic oh the black coraline algae it is on the far left side o the pic and in the middle is some sort of coral dont know what it is
DSC01426.jpg

if its cyano its bad. Get one of the Gurus to answer! There are different threads posted on Masa regarding cyano.

thanks i dont think it is that cuz it looks like coraline but only black i bough the rock like that and in was in i very dark room needed a touch to choose the rock and the other stuff is very hard i am pritty sure it is some coral

ok got the pics here is what i belive is black coraline
DSC01482.jpg

DSC01481.jpg

and some sort of coral ? not sure
DSC01483.jpg

DSC01484.jpg

what do u guys think any gurus out there know what it is

It looks like some kind of encrusting sponge, very weird, not seen the like of it before.

Back
Top Bottom