Coral Reef Painting

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm entering an art competition and I'd hope to get some criticism from the experts. Kanga is not home to help. What do you think?
43349f717bb0111e.jpg

i think it looks awesome!
great colours and fish selection
but i am digital artist, so the finer points of sketches/drawings/and painting are beyond me

A.N.G.R.Y. looks nice, would make a nice Logo for a website but personally if it was me ild go with brighter colors. like a Shocking Yellow for the tang and maby add a few more for color variation. Have a look @ my Signature for example. ;)

another thing i like is the pastel finish of some pieces and the gloss on others, its a great portrayal of the diversity in the ocean

Hi Tammy, how you doing?

I think it's a stunning painting, no criticism from my side :thumbup:

p.s. give Kanga a kiss from me when you next see him :p

Dean

Thanks for the advice, I think because the painting is so big I just took a bad foto. I'ts 1.8m x 1m. When you look at the real painting the colours are much brighter. I did not work from a photo, I used pics from diferent corals and fish and composed my own thing. It was dificult for me because most pics of corals are taken from the top and not the side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dean. I will. Not seeing much of him, He is leaving for Holland and Germany next week. When are you visiting in Cape town?

thats huge!
would love to see it in real life...

Hi Reefmaster, It is a painting I've entered in a competition. It is oil paint and acrylic on canvas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool painting, you are very talented :)

Only think that I noticed straight up, that Angel is way more colourful

p-39138-blueface-adlt-ange.jpg

Good Luck with the comp.

I am a graphic designer, can work in coral draw and photo shop,but like I said I've entered the painting in a competition.

Hi Warr7207, can do murals too, I've done it for 9 years before we moved to Cape Town.

Wicked, I find them so interesting the painter really has to think "out the box" to get this amount of depth on a flat wall :)

Its called trickery of the eye, creating depth and distance by using highlights and shadows. It is fun doing it.

Back
Top Bottom