Conspiwhat?

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to MASA but by no means new to reefkeeping. I have been following a few intresting threads so I decided I might as well register. Before you ask for pics, my camera is broken:) Truth be told, Im currently tankless... The plan is to change that soon though.

Look forward to getting to know all of you:1:

welcome to masa. not having a tank doesnt mean you get off lightly, why not fill us in on a few of the systems youve had in the past and what sort of things you like to keep :)

welcome and happy postings

:p I knew it. Well my first tank was a 3ft. Got it in 2005, kept a few malawian cichlids. After lots of LFS advice that turned into a disaster FOWLR. Never mind struggling with algae. I couldnt get anything to survive in my tank. Eventually gave up. After about 2 months of lying to myself I came to the conclusion that most LFS's were feeding me complete BS. Google became my best friend. Thats when I discovered reef central which changed my whole way of thinking. In 2006 I started a 6 ft with triggers,lions and triggers,lions and triggers and lions;) Nothing else really lasted. Mid 2006 I converted my focus to softies. Since then had a few different tanks, my primary focus has always been zoanthids. Cant get enough of them.... That about wraps it up:wave2:

hehe i share your interest in zoas and triggers, I just love mixed reef tanks too so you can keep those nasty cats out of my list thanks :) which triggers have you kept out of interest? i am aiming at getting a sargussums trigger for my next tank:)

i also love zoas, the variety of them is fantastic. if you feel like browsing some sites while you plan your next tank (you know u want one) have a look at Zoas pages i think its a site youll enjoy:
)

Welcome to MASA - glad you joined us! Do you know the sponsors in PTY? If you wanna start again, go bug Lanzo at Dorry pets and Rob at Idol marine - they in midrand. Great guys that gives sound advice ;)

Let us know your plans... and buy a new camera :razz:

hehe i share your interest in zoas and triggers, I just love mixed reef tanks too so you can keep those nasty cats out of my list thanks :) which triggers have you kept out of interest? i am aiming at getting a sargussums trigger for my next tank:)

i also love zoas, the variety of them is fantastic. if you feel like browsing some sites while you plan your next tank (you know u want one) have a look at Zoas pages i think its a site youll enjoy:
Sargassums are awesome, never kept one though. Apparantly they dont cause too much trouble in a reef tank? I had a clown trigger, Assasi trigger, Bursa trigger and a Niger trigger. My assasi was worse than a pirhana... Totally dominated the tank. Thanks for the link! Some beautiful stuff there!!! SA selection no where near that though, but if you look hard enough there are some gems...

Welcome to MASA - glad you joined us! Do you know the sponsors in PTY? If you wanna start again, go bug Lanzo at Dorry pets and Rob at Idol marine - they in midrand. Great guys that gives sound advice ;)

Let us know your plans... and buy a new camera :razz:

You want me to buy a new camera and a new tank? My bank manager wont agree;)
Thanks allot, will keep my options open.

You want me to buy a new camera and a new tank? My bank manager wont agree;)
Thanks allot, will keep my options open.
bank managers are disposable, its the 'minister of finace' you keep at home thats normally the problem.

shees quite a trigger happy fella aint you :)

i must confess i have a to and fro battle between the sargussum and the blue throat both beautiful fish :)

bank managers are disposable, its the 'minister of finace' you keep at home thats normally the problem.
Too true.... Luckily we not married yet;)
How is this for nice Zoanthid garden!
Zoanthidtanks.gif

:welcometomasa1:conspicillum - great to have you on board ... Enjoy your stay here .... Pics like the one you posted dont help us much without gps coordinates:nono: So that we can break in there and get some frags:lol: Simply awesome pics - one day one day ... Lets get yours up and running so that we can get YOUR address! Enjoy your stay here bud and dont be shy with more pics....

Welcome to MASA. Those are some beautiful tanks you have there. Well done

Welcome to MASA…...:thumbup:
Thanks!

:welcometomasa1:conspicillum - great to have you on board ... Enjoy your stay here .... Pics like the one you posted dont help us much without gps coordinates:nono: So that we can break in there and get some frags:lol: Simply awesome pics - one day one day ... Lets get yours up and running so that we can get YOUR address! Enjoy your stay here bud and dont be shy with more pics....
Wish I knew! They are just pics I found recently.
Thanks allot

Welcome to MASA. Those are some beautiful tanks you have there. Well done
:) thanks allot, was tempting to just let you believe those are mine.... They 2 of the nicest tanks I have ever seen. I think the nano is a guy in the UK and zoanthid garden is a guy in the US who sells zoas for a living... Did any of you notice that HUGE clam peaking out the water?

Did any of you notice that HUGE clam peaking out the water?

Yes I did - quite a big boy.

I want the rics in the front of the nano - just beautiful :)

Thanks!

Wish I knew! They are just pics I found recently.
Thanks allot

:) thanks allot, was tempting to just let you believe those are mine.... They 2 of the nicest tanks I have ever seen. I think the nano is a guy in the UK and zoanthid garden is a guy in the US who sells zoas for a living... Did any of you notice that HUGE clam peaking out the water?
could u pm (private message) me his contact by any chance? I did notice the clam, pretty is its own right but pales in comparrison to the zoas

Back
Top Bottom