Considering changing my tank to an Hawaiian species tank

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Blue Ring Sting, 18 Feb 2013.

1. Blue Ring Sting

Blue Ring Sting

18 Feb 2013

Hi All

Currently I have a fairly regular reef tank which consists of a yellow tang, regal tang, black clown, ocellaris clown, royal gramma, cleaner shrimps and fire shrimps and hermit crabs. I also have a number of corals in my tank ranging from SPS to LPS and softies. I would like to change things up a bit.

I have always been fascinated by Hawaiian, CXI and Tahitian fish and have thought about converting my tank or building a new tank and making it an Hawiian species tank. I am aware of the costs involved in obtaining fish like this and the rarity in them as well so that is not the problem. I am more interested in finding out if anyone has successfully kept them together in one tank or if this would be possible. I know that certain angelfish and tangs dont always like to play nice!

Black Bandit Angelfish - Apolemichthys arcuatus
    Goldflake Angelfish - Apolemichthys xanthopunctatus

Achilles Tang - Acanthurus achilles

Tinkerii Butterflyfish - Chaetodon tinkeri
    Yellow Tang - Zebrasoma flavescens
    Flame Angel - Centropyge loriculus
    Black Tang - Zebrasoma rostratum
    Potters Angel - Centropyge potteri
    Regal Tang - Paracanthurus hepatus

Due to the rarity and pricing involved in these fish it will take sometime for me to set up this tank. I will most likely keep these fish in a 2m tank. I might make some changes here and there but this could be the final design and stock list selection.

Any feedback would be great to compatibilty, aquascaping, etc.

Thank you.:)
Recent Posts