Collecting NSW in durban

my friend used to. i think you have to pay a certain amount and are then allowed free acces after 5pm or something like that.

thanks gaz, i think that the guys also mentioned that at 2oceans you pay something like R200 a year and you are allowed to collect 400l a week?

would rather stop the trailer at ushaka then walk up and down the beach collecting 200l a month

Andreas.collect from isipingo beach.the water there is pretty clean most of the time and more convenient for collecting.used the water from there several times

Hmmm but I doubt you’d get that same reading every day. There will be day/periods that those levels will be elevated. Defiantly not constant nutrient levels.

Hmmm but I doubt you’d get that same reading every day. There will be day/periods that those levels will be elevated. Defiantly not constant nutrient levels.
very true Andrew.this water was collected and tested when the beach was quiet and the S/SW was blowing for 2 days

Mekaeel - Andrew: You guys are 100% correct. The same goes for salinity, pH, level of oxygen, amount of POC's and DOC's in the water, etc., etc.....

Now - that's not a bad thing for our tanks, as such, depending on the following factors:
1) what do you aim to keep? (or what are you currently keeping?) - a REALLY EXOTIC work of art consisting mostly of SPS corals? Or a soft-coral/LPS tank with some fish? Or a more natural "garden reef" tank? Fish only tank?
2) whether you have a HUGE mother of a skimmer that can take out the "crap" in the water, IF these parameters are unstable
3) are you dosing any chemicals?
4) do you have a phosphate reactor?
5) how big is your system? (water volume)? that the water changes with the ever-changing parameters, does not have such a big effect on your tank....

Back
Top Bottom