CO2 regulator problem.

Reaction score
I have the AquaH2O regulator and bottle which I was very happy with only the bottle is a bit on the small side.I have an acount with Afrox so I got a larger bottle from them.Problem is the AquaH2O regulator will not fit on the Afrox bottle.Where can I buy an addaptor ?Will I have to buy a new regulator as well?

most the asian CO2 systems do no have standard thread. try getting a tunzee or aquamedic regulator.

If you can get yourself an octopus regulator (comes with needle valve and solonoid) it fits an afrox one perfectly. I struggled to have my afrox one filled, so switched over to a modified fire extinguisher, and had to have my regulator modified. All that is required is to go to a place that fills/sells services co2 cylinders and scratch around untill you find a nut tht fits, worked for me.
I would recommend that you get a modified co2 cylinder, around R450 (2kg), much cheaper than a new regulator. Speak to Mervin at Atlas Fire services in Montague Gardens. There is someone on Masa filling botts for R20, had mine done other day.
Co2 Refilling - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Thanks Ivan ,great advice.So if I read your reply right,you took the nut off the regulator and swopped it for one that fitted your cylinder.So the one you took off is the one that I need,right?

Yip, and if you ask Mervin to go through their piles of nuts, you might find it lying around there somewhere. Saw no point in keeping it at the time. Still feel its a better option to diss both the Aqua H2O cylinder awa the afrox and get a fire extinguisher modified. From what I understand, only afrox can fill their cylinders. If you look inside the tap, you will see a triangle shaped thingy which prohibits filling by people servicing fire extinguishers.

Back
Top Bottom