Clowns

Reaction score
Hi Reefers

ok i dint know if this has been covered but,can different clowns get along in one tank.say maybe a ocellaris clown and a maroon clown.......

Yes they can sometimes. But it depends on the size of the tank and the individuals.

I would not recommend trying as it will only stress the weaker clowns. Pick the type you like the best and stick with that.

Bye bye occellaris
Maroons are not only the most agro species of clowns but also one of the most agro speies of fish in general

Good advice guys, the Maroon clown we had was so aggressive, she used to nearly jump out of the tank to bite you........but she was a breeding clown and was kept in a separate tank with her beau, she did have lots of babies and was quite a character.

ironically these are the very fish that first captivated my attention (the old wardley marine flakes tin picture) and got me into the marine world but i have never kept a pair.. i have however seen many paied maroon clowns desecrate other individuals and i have even witnessed fry at a research facility kill one another off at an early age.. they are very vicious..

sad because they are soo beautiful

as a rule of thumb i was always advised to allow 1m2 per pair of clowns..and to make sure that there is a anemone in the territory to assist in keeping the pairs away from one another as they would rarely leave the anemones.. but this doesnt seem to work in all cases..

best is to stick with 1 pair of peaceful tank bred clowns wherever possible :)

It is always advisable to place a flowerpot or nennie into the left or right corner of a tank. In summer the temperature will rise most likely above 27 degrees and the pair of clowns starts spawning. They will stay then in the first half meter of the tank. I had a huge breeding pair of ocellaris in the right corner and a big pair clarkiis in the other corner. 1.5m tank and no problems as they stay in they corner. Maroons are bitches and I wouldn't take a chance to add one to your ocellaris.

Back
Top Bottom