Clown trying to host in substrate

Reaction score
my clown has been hosting in my frogspawn for months then i got a rbta. i moved the frogspawns to the sump and place the rbta on the same place and he hosted imediatly but when moved the rbta his now trying to host in the subrate:lol: any ideas on how to get him to host in the nennie after moving it to the prefered spot

Don't think "training" is an option (although the experts may have differing opinions). Clowns tend to host wherever they feel comfortable, even against the glass, a powerhead or (as in your case) in the substrate.

Very often they decide to stick to a location in the tank. You will often find that a nennie decides to move and then the clowns stay put in the old spot... sometimes they will follow the nennie.

Sounds like a good idea... wouldn't rush the move of the nennie... see if he gradually moves along with the nennie.

By the way, has the rbta not shown any signs of moving around by itself?

lol this is funny, but what is rtba:biggrin:?

I have 3 clowns they swim around all day but there is on corner they tend to go to alot! but they mostly everywhere:thumbup:

No clue, but a RBTA is a Rose Bubble Tip Anemone, also known as the E. quadricolor or BTA. ;)

oops mispelt it :biggrin:

I have a galaxy and frogspawn... sometimes clowns tend to host in them and they get stung! lucky my clowns are not trying to be real clowns :lol:

percula and single.
his one crazy clown keeps on attacking no matter what i try. i have to throw food in the one side to distract him or maybe wack him now and again. his like not scared of me at all.
why cant he just take his anger out on the nennie:lol:

No clue, but a RBTA is a Rose Bubble Tip Anemone, also known as the E. quadricolor or BTA. ;)

Hi again...

RBTA = Rose Bubble Tip Anemone (All rose color all around)

RTBA = Rose Tip Bubble Anemone (Generally tip of it is rose color but the body is brown)

:tt2:

Qaiser, you must just confirm... maybe a pic or two?

Back
Top Bottom