Clown trouble

Reaction score
Hi guys, I noticed this mark on my clown a few days ago
4aefc05e93e2405fd6a5120cdf0de938.jpg

He seems happy and is still eating. Not rubbing against anything. Looks a bit like a lesion. He has been hosting my hammer coral. Is it dreaded ich, something else or an injury?
I did add 2 shrimps about 8 days ago, didn't quarantine. I know, I know everything wet must get quarantine.
Do I get the buckets out and get ready to do Riaan's bucket treatment or wait and see?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also leaning towards injury, but I'm going to read about marine fish diseases again(as I have forgot a bit of the lesser common things) and get back to you. Is it only the clown and 2 shrimps in the tank? Is it growing or spreading?

I am also leaning towards injury, but I'm going to read about marine fish diseases again(as I have forgot a bit of the lesser common things) and get back to you. Is it only the clown and 2 shrimps in the tank? Is it growing or spreading?

It doesn't seem to have spread. Got 2 clowns, pistol shrimp, cleaner shrimp. And snails. Thought it might be the hammer that had stung him when I first saw it.

looks like a physical injury. Might have bumped itself when he got a freight.

Keep us updated though. Look for any signs of disease, strange behaviour or spread. It is most likely just an injury, but some pathogens can cause lesions around the gills and on the skin.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I'll keep an eye. Can/should I add anything to the tank as a preventative measure?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

it is now 2 days later. Should start looking better by now.

it is now 2 days later. Should start looking better by now.

I'll try get a pic tonight. Seemed smaller instead of two separate white marks just one. almost like it has 'scabbed' over for lack of a better discription

Last edited:
2d2ce504cf2fcbc2d7ff17c30d7e69e6.jpg

45c37423d14313a629f081173808ae55.jpg

Best pics I could get. White bump was gone this morning.

Back
Top Bottom