clown fish care and breeding help

Reaction score
I am wanting to get some clown fish and breed them. What kind should I get? I love the black and white ones. What size tank? What all do I need? And what does the water levels need to be?

Hey mate. Are you currently living in USA?

Buy yourself a book called Clownfishes by Joyce D. Wilkerson, best info you could get, then also do a google search for mofib and join their forum, loads of info there. This is a South African forum and very few people have managed to breed clowns here in SA due to being unable to get the primary food source for the larvae, rotifers.

Clown Fish Breeding

Hi, just to let you know that George and I were breeding clowns back in 1991 for about 5 years, we bred nearly all the various species, from common to tomatoe. It was breeding clowns that got us into the business, building tanks came second....

We bred thousands of clowns, some may be in some of your tanks!! We sold all around the country. Breeding is the easy part, growing them up much harder, if you keep too many together they do not grow fast enough to sell. Catching them out when they have just hatched is a bit of an art, but easy to learn, they need a smallish tank about 200 litres, and an air stone is all your need for the first few weeks. Feed rotifers, that have been fed with green water, and in a few weeks they will be eating brine shrimps, again the brine shrimps have to be well fed. Any help needed in this department, just ask, cheers Anita

Back
Top Bottom