Urgent help needed Clouded eye

Reaction score
Hey guys, needing advice.
woke up this morning to see my regal tang has a clouded eye!! Flipitall!!
Had her for about 2.5 weeks. She has had quite a bit a ich the last few days(more so in the evenings, dont no why?) but still feeding very well so ive just kept up the extra feeding, soaking the chow in garlic-the usual white spot remedies.
But cloudy eyes is something new to me. from what I read up its quite a serious thing???
Only thing that could be causing extra stress is my sailfin tang giving her a bit of a hassle every now n then.
So my poa is to quarantine her, but do I treat her with the normal copper treatment or antibiotics or what?
If antibiotics, what and where do I find them??
Another thing, the last time i quarantined a fish, the nitrites in the q. tank went sky high(due to it not having a proper filtration system and being very small)- how do i avoid this, by feeding the fish less??

thanks!!!!

Hi Student - don't worry about this. There's nothing that you could do, other than just keep on feeding healthy food. Perhaps get some marine multivitamins, and also some fresh garlic that you grind up.

Strengthening the fish's immune system will help this problem with the eye clear up quicker.

Be patient - this happens quite often with the fish, (some fish more than others).....

BTW: Leave ALL other treatments....

heya. .. try avoid moving the fish to treat as this can often stress the fish
out and push it over the edge, if she has cloudy eyes & has had a bit of ich, the best thing to do is switch off your lights . . . get the tank as dark as you can even put a blanket over the tank , this will help in two ways as it will retard the oodinium , and also relive some of the stress on the fish which she is getting from your sailfin tang.
you can turn your lights on when you feed , then off again afterwards. if you want to medicate aswell, use either aqua-medic exodin, or a waterlife treatment called oxidin which are tablets , and totaly reef safe.

heya. .. try avoid moving the fish to treat as this can often stress the fish
out and push it over the edge, if she has cloudy eyes & has had a bit of ich, the best thing to do is switch off your lights . . . get the tank as dark as you can even put a blanket over the tank , this will help in two ways as it will retard the oodinium , and also relive some of the stress on the fish which she is getting from your sailfin tang.
you can turn your lights on when you feed , then off again afterwards. if you want to medicate aswell, use either aqua-medic exodin, or a waterlife treatment called oxidin which are tablets , and totaly reef safe.

Hi PureVenom - I would in principle want to agree with your statement. BUT, please take into account that the fish would MOST definitely be stressed out FAR FAR more by catching the fish, than just letting it be.

In my experience (in the past 6 years of keeping marines), a clouded eye, is definitely NOT fatal (well - I have NEVER experienced that a clouded eye causes secondary infections, nor is infectious to any of the other fish in the tank)....

Back
Top Bottom