clinton's 1.3

and a few more

repair of chip
020420092192.jpg

020420092194.jpg

020420092193.jpg

020420092195.jpg

jeez les its looking awsome man:thumbup:almost looks new! shot bud! so now its just the base and bracing.we getting there man! getting there:) the stand will hopefully be done by the weekend.

thanks mongwopman nice to see you on masa dude:yeahdude:

Looks good man ;)

What paint is that? The name/type?

thanks guys:) les has done a realy good job there.tobes the paint is plascon enamel g116 midnight blue.its got a nice finish to it and the lights will bring it out even more.

cheers.

tobes there are no special primers or anyhting like that.firstly warm the glass a little maybe if you can get some sunlight onto it just to warm it a little.then give the glass a good clean with some meths and then you can start painting.

good luck:thumbup:

tobes there are no special primers or anyhting like that.firstly warm the glass a little maybe if you can get some sunlight onto it just to warm it a little.then give the glass a good clean with some meths and then you can start painting.

good luck:thumbup:

And if there's water in already? :p

thanks riyadhessa still got some work to do..but we getting there!

tobes thats a good Q.some paints react diff to cold surfaces.maybe by giving it a good wipe with meths you can warm it up slightly.les painted my tank for me.he is very clued up so ill ask him if there are other ways to warm ur glass [safe ways]

ill let you know:)

tobes your concern would be the fumes as there would be fish in the system that could be contaminated by the solvents, i would suggest a water based enamel from dulux called pearlglo enamel.. it is hamless as far as fumes are concerned.. the glass should be warm already due to the heat provided by the water within the tank, just be cautious not to get any in your tank..

tobes your concern would be the fumes as there would be fish in the system that could be contaminated by the solvents, i would suggest a water based enamel from dulux called pearlglo enamel.. it is hamless as far as fumes are concerned.. the glass should be warm already due to the heat provided by the water within the tank, just be cautious not to get any in your tank..

Thanks for the info Leslie :) - I thought that fumes might be a problem :p

funny how it looks small.. once its filled im sure we will see the difference...just been hectic at work, there was an incedent where one of the workers were killed and another is critical.. freak accident really but they have gotten strict none the less, have had the safety people on us every day as we are on the highest part of the construction site..

glass has been ordered now just for delivery.. trying to organise for tomorrow..

will post pics as soon as there is progress

thanks Rob.im realy happy with the tank i still cant beleive its the same tank!

sounds good Les! let me know when the glass comes.i still have not been able to get onto the stand its been so hectic at work been going home at like nine ten at night.its been crazy havent seen my family since monday:( i get home and they sleeping i go to work and they sleeping! its madness bru!

anyway let me know what you doing this weekend bud:)

cool bud.. very keen to get going on this.. also keen to go for a surf if the weather stays good seavale will be worth a look at.. keep in touch..

yeh! im also keen to get going.its going to look good man! im keen for a surf bud:thumbup: i realy need to go for a surf.take my mind off of things for awhile you know what i mean.

will keep in touch;)

Back
Top Bottom