Cleaning Vortec Pumps

Reaction score
Was just wondering how you clean the wet side of your Vortec pumps. Mine are starting to get encrusted with coroline.

Half an hour out the water and the coraline will go white. It dies off quickly. I use a toothbrush to clean it.

my solution is cleaning weekly to prevent wear on pump as algae on impellar causes extra weight and then strain on motor and prevents algae buildup,its too simple and easy,switch pump off,remove wet side,place on non magnetic surface and one turn unscrew,quick rinse with warm water and old medium toothbrush and voila

I have had vortech pumps for the last 4 years and i always clean with a vinegar and water solution. Here is an insert from the maintanance section of the full manual.

General Manintenance
Cleaning your VorTech
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]The VorTech may need thorough cleaning of the components periodically to keep it running optimally. This can be accomplished by disassembling the wet half of the pump and gently brushing the components with a soft brush under running water. Soaking these parts in a mild acid solution such as vinegar may be necessary if there is an extreme amount of calcium buildup. Do not use strong acids as this may damage the components. Follow instructions in section 6.1: Disassemling the Wet-Side.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom