Cleaner wrasse

deadmeat2016

Wouter
Reaction score
I bought a blue streak cleaner a few days ago, hes small, about 5 cm. I heard they were extremely difficult to wean onto frozen foods and usually die soon after addition to the tank. This little wrasse is eating like a pig from day 1, ive seen him actually eat a whole krill! Am I lucky or should i expect his demise?

nothing unusual.. mine eat like pigs within a week

can i get more than 1 in a tank??

Feed it oxe heart which u can get at most of the LFS. It needs this especially to get enough to stay healthy ( or so ive read anyway )

Feed it oxe heart which u can get at most of the LFS. It needs this especially to get enough to stay healthy ( or so ive read anyway )

please dont do this.. 1stly your nitrates will go through the roof and 2ndly fish are not meant to process meat like we can.. same as blood worms.. not good

I got mine now about 2 months. So far so good. Eating flakes, nore, whatever I give. In the beginning he left the other fish alone. Now he does do his cleaning duties. Also about 5cm.

a cleaner wrasse is a funny creature, its active and eats like crazy . then after a month or two it dissapears without a trace. at least thats what happened to mine (twice) . tho i know a guy who has one for like six years now :)

Like Magman says these fish have a serious diet issue when in captivity, there is something in the wild which they comsume which we cannot provide. I preffer the yellow tailed cleaner wrasse they have much better survival rates but are not as good as a cleaner but they do clean well, I think this could be a clue as to whats not working with the blue stripe cleaner wrasse

Back
Top Bottom