Cleaner shrimp

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I added a cleaner shrimp to my tank today and within two hours it was dead,

I am currently dosing with read sea NO-Pox and water stability, to try get rid of the algea, tank has been running for 8 weeks now, current guest in the tank is two yellow belly Damsils, 5 snails, one blue legged hermit crab, and. A sea urchin,
Do you think I just got a. Bad shirmp or was it. Something I am doing wrong,

Thanks in advance for the input.

I did for about an hour, not sure if I am doing. It right, but had him floating in the bag for an hour then added him into. The tank, that's how I got told to do it at the LFS I got him from.

The salinity in your tank was probably different to the salinity of the pet shop water you need ton drip the cleaner shrimp they do not react well to sudden changes in salinity.

Thanks guys, so I understand now why it did not make it, that was abit of a waste but will get another one in the next couple of weeks, as it was the only one they had a paid a bit for it, but you learn. From your mistakes I guess, thanks for the thread @Mard50. which one would do you prefer to use out of the methods?

getting another in a good few weeks is a better idea as shrimp are more sensitive to water quality or changes etc so getting one when tank is more stable and mature is better.....also,if u plan adding more fish then maybe get rid of those damsels as im pretty sure they gonna hassle new tank mates especially small/non aggressive ones..

Back
Top Bottom