Clean-up crew

Lights on from 06:00 - 18:00

Scrubber??

I have a magnet cleaner (use about once a week)
Well your photo period seems fine.
An algae scrubber also known as the "mega powerful nitrate remover"(if you had one that would decrease your algae growth in your tank too and thus your snails food supply) Mega Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover - DIY! - General Discussions
As I said though,I dont have any snails,so Im not sure what other people do to supplement their diet.

You could place a smallish piece of nori sheet on the substrate for them to graze on while you are waiting for some more algae to grow...:whistling: Just remember to remove the excess before it can lead to more problems!

Quick question here.

I now have the following clean up crew:

1 x hermit crab (blue leg)
2 x turbo snail
1 x blue cheek goby
1 x scooter goby

The two goby's are happily eating / filtering sand and I supplement daily with frozen food.

Turbo snails and hermit crab cleaning algea very nicely.

My concern is that all the algea that was on the back wall of my tank is now entirely clean and the snails are all over live rock, cleaning away.

What happens if they run out of food? Do I maybe have too many cleaner uppers and this might lead them to starve?

Fish are not part of a clean up crew in my opinion. Blue cheek gobies sieve the sand for pods and other critters and not fish poo or algae. I see that you give frozen food, but keep a close eye on them as they need live food to thrive in an aquarium. They'll always sieve the sand, whether there's food or not - and if not, they'll slowly starve to death :(

Fish are not part of a clean up crew in my opinion. Blue cheek gobies sieve the sand for pods and other critters and not fish poo or algae. I see that you give frozen food, but keep a close eye on them as they need live food to thrive in an aquarium. They'll always sieve the sand, whether there's food or not - and if not, they'll slowly starve to death :(

Yip, have to agree, that Blue cheek is going to battle to stay alive in that size tank, especially when he is fully grown.

Back
Top Bottom