Clean Up Crew-which-with Corals

thanks.

whats the best way to catch/find the hermits?
in crevices and under rocks? should I just take a net and scoop under the rocks?
don't want to hurt anybody

No - won't be. You will just have to stick the ABS sheet to the back of the tank....
I bought a sheet of black stick on from Maizeys,cost me R55.00 for a piece 2000x600mm.And it is perfect.You know the typical stuff you get for your fresh water tank with pictures of green plants on it,except this stuff has one sticky side.YOu just spray water on it and your tank and then slide it on...Its really easy and it works really well.........

Lisa, can't remember if you have any cleaner shrimps? they are the best CUC (that Clean Up Crew ;)) IMO, very quick and also help fish with parasites! best of both worlds?

Maybe a hemit or 2.

I have a Boxer Shrimp. the banded one. will they fight?

Also do you know who can advise on where to position the Seio power heads in my tank?

Just remembered to ask. Was there any conclusion made on whether garlic is good or bad in the fish food?

Jumping around a bit with questions. Sorry. But to start a new thread is a pain the the....

I normally find the hermit crabs in Umhlanga underneath the concrete pier near the light house. Many there

I don't have a scrubber. I have a protein skimmer(Prizm) and good old magnet cleaner
Perfect.

anybody got a pic of a brittle star for me?
Can they be a problem with nemmies or coral?
They are safe and do tend to hide in the rockwork quite a bit. You get loads of different colours but this pic shows what they look like. If you going for the local ones they tend to be a sort of brownish/greyish colour, sometimes with darker bands around their legs.

giant_red_brittlestar_600.jpg

Just remembered to ask. Was there any conclusion made on whether garlic is good or bad in the fish food?
Garlic has been used for the last 50 years in fish food and it will still be used for the next 50 years. Buy a variety of different makes and types of food and your fishies will be very happy.:)

cool pictures. thanks.

On Sunday I went to Umhlanga and took 2 assistants to look for hermit crabs.
I think it was a hermit holiday. after an hour of 3 people searching, I eventually found one hermit. Thank goodness.

I saw sea urchens, the brown long spiny type. Should we put urchens in our tanks? I have a short spined one in my tank at the moment.
What are the pros and cons to them?

Should we put urchens in our tanks? I have a short spined one in my tank at the moment.
What are the pros and cons to them?

You can but you must identify them as they have different food needs. Some are coralline eaters and some are alage eaters.

The rock urchins (coralline boys) are bulldozers, so make sure your rockwork is secure.

Back
Top Bottom