Christo's 1.8m

I like the concept "in a way"
Depending on space in the sump area, and skimmer height, I would also put the skimmer in an elevated compartment. On the left, flowing out to the left and under.

Suspending the Cheato and live rock above the sand can also just as well be done with 50mm PVC stand and eggcrate.

I like the concept "in a way"
Depending on space in the sump area, and skimmer height, I would also put the skimmer in an elevated compartment. On the left, flowing out to the left and under.

Suspending the Cheato and live rock above the sand can also just as well be done with 50mm PVC stand and eggcrate.

Thanx!

True about the 50mm PVC pipe, just don't know how you will keep the cheato on the eggcrate;)
The reason for me going with the compartments is it gives me more water volume in the total System. For me every litre coints and secondly the compartments pushes the water flow down
To the sandbed

Cheers

just note, that the same junk that collects on your display tank surface. That junk that must go down the overflow. It also collects in your sump.

Having any big section blocked by vertical pane, where the water cannot flow over. The same junk will collect. In a baffle it does not matter. Flow rate and turbulence is enough to pull it down.

just note, that the same junk that collects on your display tank surface. That junk that must go down the overflow. It also collects in your sump.

Having any big section blocked by vertical pane, where the water cannot flow over. The same junk will collect. In a baffle it does not matter. Flow rate and turbulence is enough to pull it down.

Hi Riaan!

Thanx! I'm aware of the junk that will collected. This I will be trying to iliminate by running my
Overflow tru my Skimmer first, and then I will be haning a prefilter (cotton wool) in th v of the first
Compartment of my sump. Planing on cleaning it every 2 to 3 days!

Here's a pic of my lights that I'll be running!

This is the first 6! Will get the second 6 next month.

Sorry for the bad pic qaulity. Taken with TAB!

9674eb2e40223c9d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Christo, you know the place you are getting the tank from is a sponsor here so you can mention names if you want :)

Another option on the compartments for Chaeto (I prefer caulerpa) and live rock is to drill a few holes in them.

Hi!

Just an update of my System! Just got the
Steel for my stand, will be building it this
Weekend.

Also order the rest of my lighting!

2x 80W Actinics+
2x 80W Pure Actinics
2x 80W Midday 6000

6x 80W dual balasts
And some waterproof end caps

All equipment order from Ernst at Die Visdam, also waiting for
My tank! He is building it!

Cheers!

Hey Christo, Like your thinking on maximizing DSB area,..
Just a thought instead of building the raised compartments in glass for Chaeto etc, you could use aircrate to build these 'boxes' by cutting with clippers and cable tying the units together you would get max waterflow and if you put them on legs of aircrate that span the width of your sump you could move them if need be, also take them out if you need access to the bottom area???

Reactions: Nur
goodt idea brent, from my understanding you dont want to disturb the DSB in any case, so the ledge will not be taken out regularly..

Last edited:
20 second scetch, ??:blush:
19914ece0eca4d1e2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom