Chinese Vortech MP-40

I have tried the WP-40's. The flow is pretty insane, got a perfect 7cm wave in a 50 liter tank that spilled over the edges when I tested them. Posted a video on youtube under mrhotdog83, just can't access it from work to post here. Only issue I've seen is that they can't be toned down too much.

This is my review on these pumps so far and I'm not traying to bash the vortech pumps, vortech pumps are excellent but just to pricey.

On my tank I'm running three vortech mp40 's which was not enough flow for my sps's so I got two of these wp - 40's and wow! that's all I can say. They are quite big and punch out a lot of flow way more than the mp40's

With the extra rubber housing on the magnet side and on the pump side no vibration noise noticed yet and runs silent, even more than the vortech mp40's. The extra rubbers also works as suction cups. The flow of these also extends further in my tank than the vortech's which is 1.5 m in length.

The controller is excellent and very user friendly with a lot of wave settings. Waiting for my wp-40 cables for the reef angel controller, then I won't need the original controllers that came with the pumps anymore.

I'm very happy with these pumps which doesn't cost an arm and a leg and I'm going to get the wp-25 for my frag tank as well.

I think you can get them from Wild On Pets for close to import price. I imported 2 at around R1000 each, but the last time I heard I think Wild on Pets sell them for R1100 or thereabouts? And much less hassle to get them from WOP.

please guide the newbie ... how do you determine how many flow pumps you need ? I always just thought it was 2 pumps by default, facing each other to cause turbulence ... is that not the case ? Where would you install just one and would that create a wave or just a water stream ?

Hi VicZa, I've just installed the WP40 on a 2300 x 1300 yesterday and boy do these guys move some serious water.

With the pulse action IMO you do not need 2 pumps as the pusle mode causes the random turdulance we all looking for, check out this post for water movement of these pumps

http://www.marineaquariumsa.com/showthread.php?t=45625

Hi VicZa, I've just installed the WP40 on a 2300 x 1300 yesterday and boy do these guys move some serious water.

With the pulse action IMO you do not need 2 pumps as the pusle mode causes the random turdulance we all looking for, check out this post for water movement of these pumps

http://www.marineaquariumsa.com/showthread.php?t=45625

Cool, so you place one pump in a strategic position and angle and it will do the rest ? Also, should the "line-of-sight" of this pump be clear, i.e. no rock in the way?

I have the WP 40,
Going to be up for sale soon as its a bit to powerful for my 1m.
Fantastic pumps

I also have a WP 40, and it is WAY to strong for my 1.2m Tank...!! The only area where I can criticize these pumps, are the fact that you can't really set them very low. You do have an adjustment knob, but the difference between LOW and HIGH is not so much......

With the WP40 on, I have a massive and continuous SandStorm....:eek:

Back
Top Bottom