Chika's New Playground for King Neptune

Shot thanx bud then I can stop stealing water from my home system ..... just have to make a plan and get to you ..... Most probably within this coming week can come down ..... Have to be in Pretoria tomorrow then maybe towards end of the week to your end of the world ... any changes and will let you know ....

I'm thinking these volumes are about correct
6 foot - 648 Liters
8 foot - 750 Liters
sump - 350 Liters
frag - 162 Liters
Bringing the total water volume to ...... 1910 Liters:yeahdude: ...... I still have 2 more 3 foots to bring into the equation .... 1 x refugium to feed pods to the 6 foot and hospital tank that can be cut off from the system if need be ... then we on to ......

All's on hold till my drill bit arrives ..... Damn .... Just a quick question ..... I've used my old water and my substrate from my previous small tanks to fill this baby up and have it plumbed at the moment with my 6 foot but its only a quarter full (as in water level about 15cm's out of the 70cm's) ... Now am I right in saying when I'm topping up this tank it would not affect the "cycle process" as my substrate is covered in water and my rocks ....

You could possibly have stirred up some nasties that were held in your sand so i would just test the water. Would be safer but i dont think you would have a problem.We need to chat soon about 'those lights' soon and get a plan made..

Mmmmm At last my drill will be here tomorrow ..... Now has anyone used these mist maker gadgets in saltwater? I want to incorperate a waterfall feature into the whole tank setup and was thinking of adding this to create a "atmosphere" around the feature but dont know if it will work?

Are you a fan of salt spray buddie?
For those of us that not fortunate like some ninja's that live near the sea its nice to sprayed when you enter my front door ... besides the one I have is remote controlled so if I have unwanted visitors I can always turn up the mist and "smoke" them when the are entering to shorten their visit.....

Ok time to do some work tomorrow setting up the fuge over the 6 foot .... If I want them pods to have a nice romantic standard 3 foot tank for them to get intimate and produce lots of offspring what would the ideal conditions for this tank .... Lights? Flow? Substrate? Rockwork? I have a huge 100mm overflow "slide" for them to go to the hungry mouths in the 6 foot .... Obviously there would be no fish in this 3 foot but is there any other "livestock" that can be there or would they all be predatory to the pods?

Lights are not important. They can be in the dark. Just lots of places for them to hide and live in. Lots and lots of little holes are good. Like chaeto but then you would need light. Flow is only important depending on what you put in. You do however want enough flow to 'help' pods go over into the tank. Not everybody is predatory to pods but i'm sure if they saw a nice juicy pod running by they'd nail it?

So the basic difference between a fuge and "cryptic" zones are the "light factor"
and I'm thinking the light is basically only needed for like cheato to grow and other macro algea's

Da proof in da picture! One down and lots more to go .... I dont know why I was scared of doing this......
14844cb83e80c76a8.jpg

Some changes to the playground .... My 2 x 3 foots under the 6 foot doesn't fit well .... Well they fit but lighting and filteration a schlep so got my old 1.4 "custom" running as a "frag" setup and then added another tank over the 8 foot as I just realised I would not have place for lions but this surprise tank is going to be just "A BIG SURPRISE" ..... got the 8 foot drilled today and plumbed to sump .... now to wait for silicone to dry and complete the tiling around the tank sorted ..... Also organised the refugium and its "Foofy uShaka Slide" for them juicy pods to flow to the 6 foot ... ome pics to follow tomorrow ... too tired today

Back
Top Bottom