Chikaboo's 2nd marine tanks discussion thread

Ok guys dont mean to be rude about this confusion on this site but is i just received an email notification to meks 1.8m setup but it contains jacquesbs post? This is supposed to be happening or not? Just asking how it works not that i mind but it seems every thread i post on becomes part of my notifications if anybody else posts after me - any ideas?

There we go again now i got notification of Keyaams post to meks 1.8 tank! is there anyway i can be completely removed from this site and start anew even if it means changing name / password?

100% fine to use for your fish. Just the last stage is a waste as it does nothing but make the water look good. I used a similar unit, just with out the the holding tank. The holding tank just makes it easer if you need water quickly to make coffee etc. :p

The "Marine" versions just have a resin filter after the ro membrane. Same size as the scrubber just that you can open it to replace the resin.

Thanx shaun that clears that up about the R/O unit now who can advise me on my LR pics - i know it doesnt look enough will get some more in two weeks but is this lot looking good or not? I dont want my friend to be passing on stuff to me that is not good then me suffering at the end of the day -

There we go again now i got notification of Keyaams post to meks 1.8 tank!
Yes, that is the way the forum works. You are automatically subscribed to every thread you post in and you will receive email notification of replies to all of those threads.

chikaboo, just go to your user CP and turn off all email notifications, otherwise your inbox will get flooded
Thank you :)

Hi guys its a happy and sad day for me - Sad news first - Dont know what happened to coral banded shrimp - died 2day - I'm pretty sure its not his exoskeleton but will check he dont rise from the dead soon - i'm happy coz convinced a chap to start marine tank soon (took me from 6:30 this evening till 10 minz ago) should b registering on site 2nite - and one more on the way soon - so three cheers for Newcastle

i'm happy coz convinced a chap to start marine tank soon (took me from 6:30 this evening till 10 minz ago) should b registering on site 2nite - and one more on the way soon - so three cheers for Newcastle

Well done, nice to have mates that have tanks :)

Remember shrimps in general do not have a long life span, so it could just be old age :(

Hi mouse and warr7207 just got back from work was checking out "fish Lore" site - says there average lifespan about 2-3 years but some ppl there got them for 4-5 years - not aggressive if kept full - if hungry they can start attacking small fish and other shrimps! Was upset this morning coz thinking i was having the same thing what happened the last lot of fish - after taking everyones advice and still losing the shrimp but hope the tanks going to be alright!

Hey Warr, do they really not live long? What's the average age of a shrimp?

1-5 years depending on what species.

If you asking about your cleaners, they are on the short side unfortunately :(

chikaboo if I have read the thread correctly you only added the live rock a couple of days ago,,I know you say the rock comes from a fellow reefer, but there could still be die off on the rock and thus causeing a cycle...So if it is at all possabile please post the parameters..eg salinaty, ammonia, nitrite

Hi pete sorry had to wait for amonia test results here's the tests i'v done 15 mins ago
Nitrite
1484498b1ba15b50f.jpg
Amonia
1484498b1be1a3299.jpg

Temp : 26.9
salinity :
1484498b1cc70718a.jpg

Also want to know i tried to load MASA site on my nokia N95 managed to log on properly on the phone read a few threads but when i tried to go live feed it told me memory too full close some applications - now i can remember all these problems with my laptop started after i tried this on the phone so somewhere my user name is in limbo .... - maybe it is problem to be logged on from two devices at the same time hence the delay in posts????

Hey bud I see the tests show 0 is there another reefer near you with a different brand of test kit just to double check the viability of the tests just done

Hey pete i live smack down middle between Durbs and Jhb - unfortunately no one else in Newcastle keeps Marine - so no luck there but i'm in durbs next weekend - looks like i have to buy a back-up test kit - but trying to convince about three ppl in this town to start keeping marine - anyway besids the shrimp i have a hawkfish and a wrasse and a goby in the tank which are doing fine - so do your'll still think my parameters are out of whack?

Hi guys/gals anybody knows how to hatch brine shrimp and how good are they for feeding? Just thought i'd add a little spice to menu! Not only that after reading up on the coral banded shrimp and his feeding habits just thought if i catch one this coming weekend then i must feed him right - maybe he was not getting enough! Most articles I read said they a little slow in getting to their food and these three fish look like they have Nos biult in but he was getting a piece or two of prawn and shrimp and mussel but dont know if the wrasse could have wrestled him for it (cos saw him once doing that) - So how to hatch these brine shrimp - pet shop sold me a small bottle of these eggs but he not to sure how to hatch them?

Back
Top Bottom