Chemical Control of Aiptasia

Joes juice worked like a charm for me. I was hesitant to put it directly into the display so i removed the rocks i needed to with aptasia on and zapped them in a bucket and they have never returend

I purchased Aptaisia-X yesterday and used it. Followed directions and low and behold aptaisia dead. Now I have to wait and see if it comes back in the same place oe not.
M

I purchased Aptaisia-X yesterday and used it. Followed directions and low and behold aptaisia dead. Now I have to wait and see if it comes back in the same place oe not.
M

It worked for me. Had to redose 1 that I didn't properly cover in round one. Biggest challenge for me was that my 2 maroon clowns decided to attack my hand while I was dosing the aiptasia ...

I just boiled up some ro water and zapped the aptasia. It turned into a jelly like substance and I sucked it out with a coral feeder.. Worked wonders and don't think it has a big affect on ur reef.. Just my 2c

It worked for me. Had to redose 1 that I didn't properly cover in round one. Biggest challenge for me was that my 2 maroon clowns decided to attack my hand while I was dosing the aiptasia ...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Marine007. You talk about your Maroon Clowns attacking your hand, my Perculars hammer me when I clean the glass. I have to ask my wife to stand with a stick to distract them as I clean on. Believe me these things peck very sore. What I found now is that when I put the powerheads off they tend to stay hidden away for a while. :thumbup:
Cheers
M

Okay, really dumb question.... what does Aiptasia actually look like and how do I differentiate it from other similar corals in my tank.... sorry real noob question :blush:

Last edited:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Marine007. You talk about your Maroon Clowns attacking your hand, my Perculars hammer me when I clean the glass. I have to ask my wife to stand with a stick to distract them as I clean on. Believe me these things peck very sore. What I found now is that when I put the powerheads off they tend to stay hidden away for a while. :thumbup:
Cheers
M

lol 0 I am :020: scared of my lawnmower blennie. He has a big fat round tummy but attacks like he has not eaten in over a week!!

what does Aiptasia actually look like
just do a Google image search on Aiptasia
Once you get to know them, you will spot them from far away.

Aiptasia-x

Hi Jaco,

Thank you for this and the info but one question. Are they safe for Zoa's growing around them, because I zapped mine and the zoa's are looking pretty bleak at the moment. Any advise on this?

He hasnt been on the forum for almost half a year...

Obviously try and not spray it on your zoas. If u did, dont stress too much, they should recover in a few days. Ive tried on purpose to kill palythoas with this and it didnt work

Aiptasia X rocks, used it many times and it works like a dream.

quick question for the guys that have used aptasia-X has the aptasia come back after some time at all, reason why i ask, i had, to my knowledge erradicated all the vivible aptasia in my DT, since then a couple months later i'm sitting with 60% of my rock covered in aptasia...

If used correctly, the aiptasia dont come back. But as you said, you removed all the visible ones, there often the odd few hiding which can spread.

but what doesn't make sense is that the two or three that i didn't catch how would they reproduce so quick, or could have been that with me fiddling with the ones, they got "stressed" and sent out spores?

we talking 2-3 months here from having say five of them, to close on 30 000 now?

but what doesn't make sense is that the two or three that i didn't catch how would they reproduce so quick, or could have been that with me fiddling with the ones, they got "stressed" and sent out spores?

we talking 2-3 months here from having say five of them, to close on 30 000 now?
i just typed a whole story on 'banner fish' as a natural control of aptasia in the latest 'what's/id this' thread..

Just something to keep in mind.

Couple of years ago a guy from Red Sea was out here and @Moolis had hosted an evening talk at Pet Stop.

One of the questions asked was why do Aiptasia X not remove these pests as claimed, they always come back in bigger numbers.
The reply was that adult aiptasia could spawn as you attack them, resulting in babies popping up shortly after the attack. You must redo the attack on those babies before they are matured and respawn when you eventually take care of them. The window mentioned was 43 days. Must do the second round before 43 days, when they are matured enough to respawn.

This 43 days would apply to all methods. So do not be like me and be lazy...

Back
Top Bottom