Cheap Airconditioners

Kryofrozen

My fish have names!
Reaction score
Hi Guys

A friend of ours has landed a shipment of 12000btu Airconditioners that he is selling dirt cheap. Mine is being installed in my fish room as I write this!

If you are interested PM me for the price, you won't believe it!

Cheers

Cher

Hi Kryo....

Just for interest sake - how "cheap" is "cheap"??

To for comparison for myself, if you don't mind.... e.g. I paid R1899 for my 12000 BTU stand-alone/mobile air-con at Game....

Many thanks.
Jacques

Hi Dean - well, they work reasonably well to cool the air in the lounge (we have a open lounge area, and open area kitchen - +-80 sq. metres - it takes about 45 minutes to cool the whole area down from +-30 celsius to 22 celsius.... So, not tooooo bad, I think - especially for the price...

Regarding the aquarium - I think that seeing that you can position the mobile aircon RIGHT against the sump if need be, that the cold air could be blown right across the water in sump.... that this makes it slightly more efficient that say a split-unit aircon....

AND: you have the plus that you can move the aircon to your room at night time, when it gets TOO hot for just a fan (unless you already have a split unit aircon in the room, that is ;-)

Sounds ok, think I might invest in one as a xmas pressie for myself, our lounge aircon doesn't reach up the passage.

Jaques,dont those stand alone aircons make alot of noise?

Mekaeel - they are slightly more noisy than a fan, but not too much more though... They do have a HUGE fan built-in, and blow at a MAJOR velocity...... BUT, I can sleep through it (so can my wife as a matter of fact).....
BUT, it is definitely not whisper quiet.... ;-)

Hi Midas

I did not receive your PM. Yes, he does still have stock. I asked him to keep a few aside for me incase any fishy people were interested.

Cher

Hi Kryo,

If your friend still has these, can you please PM the price and his details please.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom