Caribsea South Seas Aquascaping Rock

Reaction score
Hi all, would like to know your opinions on Caribsea South Seas Aquascaping Rock. Im just unsure whether to add more live rock, or add the aquascaping rock instead. If anyone has experience with the aquascaping rock, your input will be highly appreciated.

Sure, the aquascaping rock looks good etc, but will it be effective enough in housing pods etc and will it eventually turn into "live" rock in the sense that it will help with filtration etc as well

Last edited:
I only use that and the primo reef rock....and my tank is full of pods etc....didnt have any liverock in my tank....

As @flappy; said, it will take time. As long as it is seeded from another source.

I started my tank 6 months ago with a mix of Carib Sea South Seas and Primo Rock. Probably the biggest advantage was that I had a greater choice over the sizes and shapes I wanted.

On the other hand my tank was very white / bright for quite some time. I also had some weird growths on it, that I still don't really know what it was. It might have been caused by the rock, or not. It disappeared in time.

I added bacteria additives from the beginning, and about a month and a half later I added a bunch of real live rock to my sump, and one piece to my display. A month or so later I moved that one piece from my display also to my sump.

Now, 6 months later, the base rock is very much alive. It has colored up, both green and corraline algae. I've got bristle worms, tube/spaghetti worms different types of pods, tons of micro feather dusters and lots of sponges in all the dark corners, in my display. That all from one live rock in the display for a while and whatever could travel up from my sump. If you already have live rock in your display, it might even happen quicker. But until it colors up, these rocks will stand out from the rest of your aquascape.

Here's a closeup of mine now:

DSC_2555_zps6bty7sh8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom