Canon Camera Lens

Hey, today I am a happy person, as I have learned that there are still trustworthy people out there:thumbup:

I have just received my lens, and it is really awesome- fortunately the kids have athletics today as I can go and take some pics to see the difference in pictures- will keep you guys posted:thumbup::slayer:

Jacques, here is some pics I took.

1st pic with Canon Lens:

editsmallercanonlens.jpg

2nd Pic- Sigma lens:

editsmallersigmalens.jpg

3rd Pic- Canon Lens:

editcanonredflower.jpg

4th Pic- Sigma lens:

editsigmaredflower.jpg

The pics was taken with the exact same settings as well as distance from the object- and the wind is pumping this side- so no flower wanted to sit still....:lol:

Jacques, i did not get anything worthwhile to take in the garden to play with the aperture to be able to see the depth of field. Will do so sometime when I have more time to play around

This is really a cool comparison- weather is dreadful here- went out on the boat today and the south westerly blew me back to my house....:lol:

This was just taken under low light conditions, and for the first time I can actually see the IS working. Check out the comparison between the 02 lenses:

Canon lens:
canon1.jpg

Sigma lens:
sigma1.jpg

Again, the canon lens:
canon2.jpg

And the Sigma lens:
sigma2.jpg

I know this is not AGFA Award pics, but it is just to show the difference in clarity- btw, the kids were the only "things" lying still, the rest of the "things" are being blown over/apart by the wind:lol:

Shaun, there is really nothing wrong with the Sigma lens- it is only when it comes to slower shutter speeds when you really see the difference. I used it for almost a year (I think) and just got used to only take it out when fast shutterspeeds was needed, or when using the flash. Canon lenses are made of better "glass" , hence the small colour difference, but Sigma is really not a bad lens- could have done with Image stabiliser though- but that comes with a pricetag:(

Guys when viewing some of the pic's of lenses some have a foot like thing. What is it for and do you need a special tripod?

What is it for and do you need a special tripod?
It is a tripod mount. It is located at the balance point of the camera plus lens, and thus puts less strain on everything than having the heavy lens pull down on the camera if the camera is mounted on the tripod. As far as I know (don't have any of them yet...) they fit on normal tripods.

Hennie

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom