Can i get it wet this time?

well done man!!!
looking wicked!

now get it wet!!!! :thumbup:

yeah baby! water is going in. will be finished in about 2 days :p RO/DI going very slow......i have time.....Nnnnnnnnot.
In the mean time i'm busy cleaning my substrate. I'm going 1-3mm coral sand (which is a lot finer than what i had in mind) in the DT, and very fine fiji pink aragonite in the refugium.
I just hope that i won't get a sandstorm going ones i start those power heads. eeeeishhhhh, met eish ja

Last edited:
ok so my DIY LED's are coming along nicely. LED Base is built. I have used aluminium U-channel for that. Basically 4 banks of 850mm x 75mm U-channel each going to hold 20x LED's. Pictures and maybe a nice vid on that soon!!! :tt2:

Last edited:
ok so my DIY LED's are coming along nicely. LED Base is built. I have used aluminium U-channel for that. Basically 4 banks of 850mm x 75mm U-channel each going to hold 20x LED's. Pictures and maybe a nice vid on that soon!!! :tt2:

What? so we have to wait.
Unacceptable man, im posting some pics on my LED buil in 5min.
Cant wait to see your tank filled up and LED`s running.

Great job BW:thumbup:

update time :biggrin:

i bought some nice pieces of dry ocean rock from CW today. very porous and light. check em out!

19864f7efacb9171b.jpg

Some closeups

19864f7efacb993c5.jpg

19864f7efacba0169.jpg

19864f7efacba8266.jpg

Last edited:
Water is in, doing the final connections and then is cycle time! I have changed to arragonite seafloor substrate for the DT. The 1-3mm coral sand that i bought, is to fine for my liking. It is a really nice substrate though :tt2:

5weeks and counting....... :thumbup:

19864f7f0f098cd2e.jpg

Great BW. Cant wait to see your scaping on the tank.
Its coming along nicely now.

Soos its fish time man.
Just keep swimming swimming, just keep swimming.:thumbup:

ok ppls, glued some dry rock together for a center island effect. rock is now in and now i patently wait....
here some pics of the scaping. hope you like

Front
19864f8171a422de5.jpg

Front
19864f8171a42a332.jpg

Left
19864f8171a431080.jpg

Right
19864f8171a439916.jpg

19864f8171a440669.jpg

looking good man.
soon its salty:thumbup:

well done man!!!
looking wicked!

now get it wet!!!! :thumbup:

Looking promising, I like the orange!

Looks good, but rocks will be moved around plenty of times still I'm sure ;)

looking good man.
soon its salty:thumbup:

FINALLY ITS WET:tt2:

looking awesome so far, run some filter floss in sump, tank should be clear in no time

thanks guys for the positive input!! :thumbup: hope to meet you all at AquariumExpo2012

a couple of questions i have

1. do you guys think that 80 led's over this shallow reef (350mm) will be an overkill. i want to go SPS and CLAMS all the way with LPS and of coarse some softies. but main focus SPS and CLAMS.

2. i want to create and grow a full refugium with at least a couple of different species macro algae. I want it to be a filter machine and haven for pods and all sorts of critters. now my question, i want to add something nice to this tank, something like a mantis shrimp or even more some pipefish. will it have an impact on my refugium. some say that as soon as you add LS to your refugium, its not a refugium anymore? doesn't make sense to me. i know that pods will decrease but maybe i can populate more than what can be eaten? is it possible and how? can anyone shed some light on this. and if you guys have advice on anything, i'm all ears!

Last edited:
1. do you guys think that 80 led's over this shallow reef (350mm) will be an overkill. i want to go SPS and CLAMS all the way with LPS and of coarse some softies. but main focus SPS and CLAMS.

should be fine, are your drivers dimable? if so i would not worry about it, as you can always run 80 LED's at a lower out put but to add LED's is a pain. ;)

should be fine, are your drivers dimable? if so i would not worry about it, as you can always run 80 LED's at a lower out put but to add LED's is a pain. ;)

yes i am using dimmable drivers. 4 of them. going to run 20 leds per driver. i can imagine that adding led's are a pain. now i'm glad iv'e got 80 of them. i'll just dim them.

what size hat sink will yu be using?

my heatsink is all DIY. 4x 3mm u-channel aluminium banks each holding 20x Led's.
i want to keep it as cool as possible. will be running 120mm fans with that as well. It's still it the making.......

Last edited:
great stuff Goby!!!!
looking good man!
well done :1:

Back
Top Bottom