Caleb's Cube

Reaction score
I am in the process of building my first setup:thumbup:.

I have decide since it's my first tank, I will be building a small one first and later on it will becom a seahorse or clown cube.

The Dimensions are 600 X 600 X 600
Sump is 600 X 450 X 450 three compartment with DSB
Lights: 150W MH with 2 24W T5's
Skimmer will be a TS1
Aragonit as substrate and playsand in the DSB
Halea 3000l/h return pump
SunSun 5000l/h X 3

I built the sump the past weekend and I'll be building the DT this coming weekend.

Here is what I hope the end product will look like:
CubeCompleteFinal.jpg

I like your design. When are you having it built?

Congratulations on you 1000 posts Tony:yeahdude:

I built the sump last weekend, I will be building the Display tank this weekend

iv seen this tank design somewhere ;). looking cool. Cubes are awesome

looking good, cant wait to see it built

Thanks guys, I'm really exited about it too.

I honestly only saw sub's tank after I had designed this, but I don't mind the credit going to him, his tank is awesome!:yeahdude:

Technically this isn't a nano, as it is 200L plus the sump... That being said, for a cube imo it is the perfect size for a start and can easily be converted later on.

Too much flow, is there such a thing?:whistling: Thanks for the advice Meckaeel.

Dallas, thanks for the help with the tank application and the suppliers.:thumbup:

Thanks man, I can't wait either!

anytime!
if u need any tools etc gimme a shout

Thanks guys, I'm really exited about it too.

I honestly only saw sub's tank after I had designed this, but I don't mind the credit going to him, his tank is awesome!:yeahdude:

Technically this isn't a nano, as it is 200L plus the sump... That being said, for a cube imo it is the perfect size for a start and can easily be converted later on.

Too much flow, is there such a thing?:whistling: Thanks for the advice Meckaeel.

Dallas, thanks for the help with the tank application and the suppliers.:thumbup:

Thanks man, I can't wait either!

Too much flow through the sump is not really desirable. Somewhere in the region of 4-10 times is the norm (most people have around 5 times an hour through the sump).

In tank flow- as much as you can.

Cool bannanas dude, apreciate the offer. You wouldn't perhaps have corner clamps?

Rugby? Who is playing.......haha. Much to my dismay I will be supporting the bulls, but don't tell anyone okay?:)

I didn't know you wanted pics, I've got some of the sump build, would you like to see?:lol:

Sorry for the late reply Caleb. Yip, Monti has given you the correct answer. Concentrate on the flow inside the tank, not from tank to sump. Think about it this way, eg. A skimmer with a feed pump of 800lph, and you are sending 2000lph through your sump, that water isnt getting filtered, but just passing though. Get what I mean?

Caleb, i think i have, will look this eve and pm u

Back
Top Bottom