Calcium Reactor Trouble!

Reaction score
I just can't seem to get my Reefoctopus CARX to work. I can't get the air bleeded out of the reactor! I even purchased a king pump to feed it but still no luck. I have already burnt out 1 otp 1000 pump. Everytime I connect up the CO2 the shit hits the fan. The pump seizes up from the back pressure. What am I doing wrong?

hhhmmm.I had the same problem with my Reefocto CArx. I replaced the pump with a 1000lph Haliea and no problems.
The problem with these reactors is that they tend to get air blockages. I've modified mines and have had no issues.
Post of a pic of the reactor,wanna see exactly what yours looks like.

Last edited:
Agree with Mek, I replaced my pump with Haliea and haven't had any shit since.

Lucky I have an 1000lph Haliea. I tried, at least it just keeps going, but its seems that there is endless bubbles in the reactor. Will the CO2 make bubbles in the reactor? Which pipe should be connected where? Maybe i dont have it setup right.

Lucky I have an 1000lph Haliea. I tried, at least it just keeps going, but its seems that there is endless bubbles in the reactor. Will the CO2 make bubbles in the reactor? Which pipe should be connected where? Maybe i dont have it setup right.

You get bubbles initially, but not all the time.

Give us a pic of your connections

The red dots are connected. yellow dot is the feed from the pump. Greenish dot top is the effluent exit. the blue dot is the co2 supply.

Your water in the reactor is saturated with Ca, this only happens in my unit if the outlet has stopped dripping. Is your water like this all the time ?

Back
Top Bottom