buyo skimmers

Reaction score
hi everyone, does buyo skimmers actually work ?

i had a 308 ... bought a 310 version last week, but it doesn't seem to get junk out of the system ...

mm, what am i doing wrong ?

I confired the skimmer to only bubble up to half of the top cup ... what else am i missing ?

hi everyone, does buyo skimmers actually work ?

i had a 308 ... bought a 310 version last week, but it doesn't seem to get junk out of the system ...

mm, what am i doing wrong ?

I confired the skimmer to only bubble up to half of the top cup ... what else am i missing ?

Zero,

When you say the skimmer doesn't seem to get the junk out of the system : What are you referring to ?
Skimmer not foaming ?
Foam not reaching cup ?
Getting little or no skimmate ?

ok, the skimmer is foaming ... i can see bubbles coming up to half of the top cup, that is correct right ?

secondly. i would assume the foam is reaching the cup, but the water in the top cup is very clear.

i would assume very little / no skimmate ...

ok, the skimmer is foaming ... i can see bubbles coming up to half of the top cup, that is correct right ?

secondly. i would assume the foam is reaching the cup, but the water in the top cup is very clear.

i would assume very little / no skimmate ...

Aaah, OK now I see what you mean.

From what you describe the skimmer sounds like it is set to the correct depth.
The fact that the water in your cup is clear can be due to a few reasons:

1. There is nothing much to skim off at present , and hence a clear skimmate
2. The skimmer is still "breaking in" and should settle down in a few days.

Zero, I honestly wouldn't stress about this. I added a WG310 skimmer about two weeks ago and the first few days it didn't skim much at all. The skimmate was also clear. Now however , the skimmate is a nice filthy brown colour and reeks.:p

IMO, I'd just give the skimmer a bit of time.;)

ok, so it is brand new. one thing i can say, the 310 open end on the top is a big boo boo ... the 308's top cup is alot better. think i will swap the old one for the current one, because the old one has a "top" on top, if you understand where i am going.

thanks !

ok, so it is brand new. one thing i can say, the 310 open end on the top is a big boo boo ... the 308's top cup is alot better. think i will swap the old one for the current one, because the old one has a "top" on top, if you understand where i am going.

thanks !

Zero,

What "top" are you referring to ?
The collection cup lid ?

ok, i think i know where the confustion comes in Manic.

Ok, both have collection cups. and to cover the cups, there are lids.

I am not talking about the lids.

the 308 where the foam bubbles over, it is totally plastic with wholes through.

the 310 is just one big hole.

i will take pics and post it. :)

Aah , OK now I get it.

IMO I would not expect a huge difference in operation between the 308 and the 310.

However , like with everything everyone has their preferences.;)

the 310 is just a bit bigger and stronger, that is it.

but i was surprised to see the top cup big whole at the top ! will follow that up with Lanzo and get his feedback.

Back
Top Bottom