Butcherman's 4ft tank

Hey CW, Fragging should mainly be done when the coral is healthy and its getting to big. You can then frag ig and get a few to swop ammongst fellow reefers ;)

I fragged this particular one as a last resort to try and save some of if as it was litterally turning to dust infront of my eyes.

Fragging this cushion i used a stanly knife and iodine and some goggles :)

Hey CW, Fragging should mainly be done when the coral is healthy and its getting to big. You can then frag ig and get a few to swop ammongst fellow reefers ;)

I fragged this particular one as a last resort to try and save some of if as it was litterally turning to dust infront of my eyes.

Fragging this cushion i used a stanly knife and iodine and some goggles :)

Oh ok.

Cool thanx for the info.
Ill be sure to ask the correct prosedure how to frag before i do it one day.
What is iodine?

Small update ;) The tank has been running low on iodine, OH the irony!!! I hope it has been sorted for now.

I have been dosing special bend, for 2 weekks results i think are still indifinative but things generally are looking up.

Got some orange and pink zoas from the lfs today. :thumbup:
Also got a lovely, gsp rock which i have fraged a little :whistling:
and the best for last I got a Hammer coral today also.:1:

Cool..

How about some pics to speak the thousand words..

Sorry guys been away on leave on leave, getting engaged to my girlfriend :thumbup:. So i could not post any pics of the new corals.

Anyway i snapped these this morning ill take some good ones tonight :tt2:

11032011167.jpg

11032011168.jpg

11032011169.jpg

I am also very happy to report my pink pocillapora will make a full recovery after its iodine shortage

Congrats :1:Mr Butcherman... Now I realise why you haven't been using some of that wit on my posts lately...

Tank looking great...:thumbup:

Neato! That pic of the clown dead in the centre of the pincushion is priceless!!! :-D Love it!

The red algae is stunning too btw. I love incorporating macros. But aren't you worried about the green umbrella caulerpa on the other side? Can be a serious PITA once it gets a firm grip on a system....

Some stunning looking life in there man!

Thanks guys

The red algae is stunning too btw. I love incorporating macros. But aren't you worried about the green umbrella caulerpa on the other side? Can be a serious PITA once it gets a firm grip on a system....
I'm actually considering trying to remove both algea's, following my recent iodine saga.

much better picture quality now that looks miles better.

I hope the last ones are better, the first ones were only taken with my nokia N79

looking at your tank now with the macro's I would leave them they look cool in there, but thats just my opinion.

Tank is looking really nice by the way!

Back
Top Bottom