Building a 1000L Tank

Acrylic in South Africa will cost you more than glass most likely.

Acrylic in South Africa will cost you more than glass most likely.

Yeah saw the prices yesterday, and anyway what I found was that I would need to go 2" Acrylic for this size tank. I did some measuring last night, looks like i cant go 800mm wide, there is space, but since this is in the dining room, Im scared someone might knock it when trying to take out the chair, so 600mm it will have to be.

I dont want to drop tank height, I like the deep tank displays.

I'll soon be emigrating and selling my starfire glass 2 meter tank. It's 665 wide and 800 tall. Also all that goes with it. Pm me if you're interested

I have finalised mytank design
render.jpg

I used 20mm - 25mm Glass panels on the sides and 30mm for the base, I have send the drawings out to Rene Turck, but they recon I have use to thick glass, but according to my Glass calculations, I will need 19mm on sides, so I go with 20mm, they dont want to give me a quote?

Here is their email:
Good day Gerard,

I trust that you are well?

Many thanks for your enquiry.

Unfortunately your enquiry calls for glass which in my personal opinion is not needed.

I would like to refer you to Idol Marine who we collaborate with and who will be able assist you.

Im paying for it, so why wont they quote me??

The steel frame is build from 76 x 76 x 2mm Sq Tubing, will be a bit over engineered but I prefer it that way.

My tanks final dimensions are 2m long x 0.6m wide, 1m deep x 0.7m long on deep side and 0.7 on shallow side.

total volume of 857L in display tank. total weight of display tank empty 336kg, and frame is 95kg. with my sump 1.2 x 0.45 x 0.45 big.

Is there anyone else I can send my drawings to who can help with quotes?

Maybe cos you sent them the drawing of your tank..i normally just send glass panel sizes only and they send me a quote...

Maybe cos you sent them the drawing of your tank..i normally just send glass panel sizes only and they send me a quote...

I did send them glass panel sizes, drawings of them. didnt ask them to build it for me:tt2:

Check the glass thickness at Idol Marine show tank. Its also a drop off tank and it might even be as deep as your design on the deep end. Base your design on that if same depth.

Back
Top Bottom