Bubbletip with inmates

Reaction score
Hey guys.

i caught two fish today. a Halfmoon trigger (which will come out sometime but not in near future) and a Semi angel.

My question is, will either of these two fish cause harm to green bubble tip that i got my eye on?

thank you

Not sure about the Semi (not too much of an Angel fan personally :p) but I doubt if it would bother the nennie.

Triggers are a different story though, halfmoons are sweeties when small but like all triggers turn into "aqua Scaping Wanna Be's when grown, thus a rock fall etc could harm the nennie. They like to rip at the rocks ..if you know what I mean

okay sure..

so other than a rockfall the nennie should be okay?

great stuff :)

Reef safe fish only with anemones. I don't keep angelfish because they are not always reef safe. Here in the US it is recommended to proceed with caution when it comes to angels. You may get one that is fine, but there is never a guarantee.

Triggerfish are not reef safe.

Reef safe fish only with anemones. I don't keep angelfish because they are not always reef safe. Here in the US it is recommended to proceed with caution when it comes to angels. You may get one that is fine, but there is never a guarantee.

Triggerfish are not reef safe.

Anemone, the term "reef safe" is thrown around to loosly. it could mean so many different things.

for example: a fish might not touch corals but will eat shrimp (then it will be considered not reef safe). but if a fish eats corals its also considered not reef safe.

To say triggerfish are not reef safe is very untrue. Cross hatch trigger, Blue jaw trigger just to name a few.

thanks for your help though:) if the angel causes havoc then i will pass it on:thumbup:

okay..

i have seen these triggers in a few reef tanks and marinecentre.com also say they safe

Slummies & Anemone both of you are correct IMHO.

@ Slummies you are correct in saying that "reefsafe" is a very generic term. I think it should be broken up into something like "coral safe" & "other invertabrate safe"

The triggers you mentioned are CONSIDERED reef safe. The problem is actually their robust nature & habit of biting into rock...thus damaging corals etc. Almost like a bull in a china shop

@ Anemone...I agree, I would not put a trigger with nennies...its only a matter of time before something bad will happen

Back
Top Bottom