bubble magus

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm thinking about purchasing a bubble magus skimmer but can not choose. My tank is about 1400l. the 300pro might be to light and the 600pro is a little bit heavy or do you guys have anny other options ??

Greetings from Belgium :yeahdude:
Tim

Hi Tim! A VERY WARM WELCOME to MASA! Great to have you on-board!

Yes, I do indeed have a Bubble Magus external skimmer - the BM-260. I am/was extremely happy with mine, until my 2 recirculating AquaBee 2000/1 pumps had their pinwheel impellers break in halve.

These range of skimmers are fantastic value for money.

W.r.t your specific request - what are you intending in keeping? How many fish do you have? Or are you intending in keeping?

If you are not planning to keeping a LOT of fish, then the BM300 would be more than ample, in an aquarium system of 1500 litres (that's +-what my system is as well - in total)..... Currently, I am running my BM-260 on ONE AquaBee 2000/1 pump (even though I am going to upgrade to a 3000 litre per hour impeller pump in the next few days) - and it is still pulling out a HUGE amount of crap out of the water.

I have 29 fish in my tank at the moment.... with a few corals (about 5 - I lost all my corals when I moved house 7 months ago).....

i'm intending to keep SPS,LPS,and filterfeeders all this in combination with anthias, so there will be a lot of feeding going on . I'm looking for a intern skimmer. i'm verry sorry about my lousy english, my duch is much better ;)

Not a problem, Stokvis! We are really becoming an international site ;)

(en wij geef niet dat je beter nederlands praat ;)).... (I lived in The Netherlands for 4 years - and still have SOME dutch left in me ;))

As long as you don't overload your system with fish, the BM300 would be more than ample......

Back
Top Bottom