Brilliant Hanna testers for multiple parameters

Rob, we cant all buy from Scott direct as that's probably his cost price. Most pet shops sell them from about R130-00 to about R150-00 for a max of 100 tests depending on your alkalinity levels and whether you do the half test or not.

The main issue remains, which one is more accurate, the titration test or the Hanna? or whether one wants to be extremely pedantic about test results to go the hanna route or just stick to titration

pretty easy takes about 3 steps , you clear the meter with standard tank water sample , add the reagent and press the button and wait for the reading.

Have you been able to test it's accuracy against something?

for P04 i recon the hanna test is well worth it.

Wade, I reckon guys really going the hardcore ULNS route the P and N tests would be ideal. The other ones are a bit pointless.

It would be nice to test them against a photometer

I think that even though they are all new and fancy and digital, they are still just a "hobbyist" testing device, they will never ever give you pin point accuracy, for that you must spend thousands on pro equipment.

This is what I have

hanna-1.jpg

With tests for Ph, amonia, nitrate, nitrite, and phosphate

I think that even though they are all new and fancy and digital, they are still just a "hobbyist" testing device, they will never ever give you pin point accuracy, for that you must spend thousands on pro equipment.

Maybe we should test them against something more accurate. A photometer is great and first prize but this Hanna checker way you buy the tests you want. Most photometers include tests that we dont really need which invariably increases the price tag.

Maybe we should test them against something more accurate. A photometer is great and first prize but this Hanna checker way you buy the tests you want. Most photometers include tests that we dont really need which invariably increases the price tag.
Agreed. Also, do a search on UltimateReef.com there are loads of threads there about these Hanna Checkers and the guys experiences in using them.

Cannot one of you that has it, test it against the sample 6.8dKh sample given in the salifert tesk kit for ALK

How much did you pay for that jumboswart, if you don't mind me asking?

Those photometers are anything between 6 and 10 grand depending on how many tests they can perform. You also have to buy reagents of sorts to test the water. In the thread I posted above, the phosphate meter was as accurate as the photometer. The KH wasnt compared against a photometer but I am looking for an article. I'm also looking for a nitrate comparison

Guys, just a word of warning here, from personal experience:

Some time ago, I bought a C99 unit, which has advertised as a multi parameter tester for water. It is, but what the "adverts" neglected to say was that most tests only gave accurate readings in FRESH WATER! Elements in sea water interfere with the tests, and produce false colours, which results in false readings.

So far, the only reliably accurate test that my unit can do is for phosphate (low range).

So, unless they have since produced units (and reagents) specifically for salt water, best be vary careful.

Hennie

Agree with Hannie I also have a Multi Meter from Hanna and the only test we can use on salt water is the phos. But as for the checkers they have been made for the marine trade. I have tested the phos checker against the hanna multi meter and a Mulwakee Low range photo meter and all the readings are spot on. The problem they had with the phos checker was that it had a auto shut off of 2min they have now upped that to 3min so when purchasing make sure you get the newer one and not the older one Hanna JHB have two in stock but are the older one. The Alk Checker used to come with a powder reagent that gave inacurate readings Hanna have now corrected this with a liquid reagent. And finaly the checker for nitrate is not out yet still in testing and so on.

Pete, I remember they guy complaining about that in the review. The machine would shut off after ten seconds of posting the results and there was no memory to go back to your results

Back
Top Bottom