Boyu 550

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by Zahed, 13 Sep 2010.

1. Zahed

23 Aug 2010
    Hi All

It seems all the reading and I still feel unempowered. I have some questions and once again thank all of you for your help.

1. I have the marine bug and am planning a second tank and therefore do not want to modify my current Boyu too much or none at all. Please advise on based on the standard setup what type of Corals (SPS and LPS) as well as numbers of CuCs and fish I should stock. I would prefer a well balanced co-operative reef which is not overstocked and would rather lean on the conservative end.
    2. Should I purchase or build the tank myself, and if so are their standardised designs for main tank and sumps that are proven and easily maintained.
    3. If I were to purchase where is the most reasonable and what size would is recommended.
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. dogstar

22 Sep 2008
    Quite surprised nobody replied to you yet.

My feedback, and i am by no means an expert.

1) Before you upgrade, see how it goes with that boyu. Patience is the name of the game here. Standard setup - no such thing - depending on the tank size, the flow, the lighting, temperature control etc, you can stock very different things. You will learn about these things as you get going with the boyu.
    2) If you not sticking with the boyu, I personally would buy a bigger tank and not build one, but is because am not that great with diy, i also don't have many of the tools required. Most tanks have a 3 compartment sump, other than that - again, nothing is really standard. All depends on how much you willing to spend and what you want to keep.
    3)For purchasing, my first stop would be the for sale forums, lots of bargins.

My overall view is stick with the boyu for a while, see how it goes, then decide. Dont rush.
Recent Posts