Bob's Reef 2

Reaction score
I'm beginning this thread with the happy news, and relief, for me that I have moved my two tanks away from where I plan to build the new guy.

The space where my old tank was, is to be the site for the new tank, and after much stess and hassel, i seem to have got it done without any losses (fingers crossed), and nailed a crab that was chowing down on one of my biggest corals. View attachment 61379

The builders are knocking down walls and adding a floor to one side of the house. We needed space for kids, and I convinced the wife that it was the perfect time to design a dream tank, that we really needed it. He He.

Tomorrow I will try to get some diagrams of the new 4000l+ system up.

cool.gonna be watching this thread closely

I was at Rob’s place the other day and was in total awe of his amazing coral collection. I’m really glad I got a chance to see it before it got shunted out the way for the new tank, but am salivating with anticipation after he explained to me what is in store for the new set up. By the way thanks once again for yours and Adriaan’s hospitality.

Sounds awesome Rob. Did you just move your other tank and put everything back in or have you shut it down completely ?

It was a pleasurer seeing you Milli, and great to meet Reef nudi too.

DR, the corals had grown into such a close knit affair that I would never have got them all in again. I stuggle massively for space as it is.

So I just emptied the tank and pushed it across the floor with all the corals as is, just 5- 10 cm of water for fish.

Last edited:
Rob i hope we going to get a blow by blow account of the new system going up with pics from start to finish. Looking forward to this.

One day when i'm big i want one like that, plenty pics so i can get some ideas pls.

Ok so now due to my lack of drawing skills you can't read anything.

The tank is 2.5m long x 1.7m wide. At the height of the bow its 2m wide. The height will be 850mm. Tank to be veiwed from 3 meter bow side and 2.5 m straight side.

Adjoining room gives access over the C2C overflow.

Their is a catching/ aclimitisation tank attatched. This is something Glyn saw in Germany, tank can be separated with slide down eggcrate, so new fish can get used to new environment in peace. Also when you release them you then get the existing agro fishes to come in for a while while the new guys figure out the new tank. Less stress/disease.

Also catching niusance fish is a breeze.

Main filter room separate.

Last edited:
Man on man this sounds amazing.... where do you get this glass bent? is it 12mm?

The builders are building the little support room as I type. As soon as the wall is down and the slab is up we will be able to see where the tank will go.

I will put up pics of the progress.

Back
Top Bottom