• If you are a related business or shop and wish to advertise on this forum and our facebook group then please send an email to admin@marineaquariumsa.com or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Cost is R1500.00 for 6 months sponsorship.

BLUE TREASURE REEF SALT - Our Launch Special !!!

The one word that worries me here about this salt is the word "SYNTHETIC"
We all know that humans cannot take in as our bodies should, synthetic minerals and nutrients which abound in our diets today. Reason for the illness in the world today.
Now synthetic salts for our tanks!!
Where is the hard evidence that corals actually do thrive using this salt?
I am talking of a two year plus test of this salt

The one word that worries me here about this salt is the word "SYNTHETIC"
We all know that humans cannot take in as our bodies should, synthetic minerals and nutrients which abound in our diets today. Reason for the illness in the world today.
Now synthetic salts for our tanks!!
Where is the hard evidence that corals actually do thrive using this salt?
I am talking of a two year plus test of this salt

@Scotty , for the general reefer we either use NSW (Natural Sea Water) or often referred to "Synthetic Salt Mix" i.e anything other than NSW.
Research on other forms date as far back as 2010.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not call something "SYNTHETIC" if it is sourced purely from nature.
That word scares me.
95%+ of supplements in the world today are synthetic, man made, and our bodies are not designed to absorb them. They are the cause of more modern day illnesses than they are good.
If this is truly synthetic then where is the proof that long term the corals thrive on it!! two or three months or even a year or two to me is not enough proof that it is good to use.
I am almost sure Red Sea does not write "synthetic" on their tubs. Will check a bit later to see if it is so or not.

supplements in the world today are synthetic, man made, and our bodies are not designed to absorb them.

Supplements synthesized in a Lab are chemically identical to those found in nature, so will be absorbed by our bodies.
Salt being made in a lab will not cause any harm to corals. All synthetic means is that the individual components have been mixed to the same ratio as found in nature. Such salt has been used for decades in the hobby, large aquariums and aquaculture facilities without any negative effects.

Even the Red Sea salt is "processed"
Think about it, Evaporated salt, how do they make it? They flood a piece of land with sea water end let it dry out. Then they collect the salt.
Now, think a bit more. What happens to all the bacteria, algae, copepods and what not else that were also flooded into this salt pan? They all die. What happens to their bodies and all the locked up phosphates in there? Using this salt as is would result in massive algae blooms. As we are effectively adding dead matter that needs to cycle into out system every week. They are treating that evaporated salt as well, to get rid of the phosphate load.

So unless you are at the coast and have the luxury of real sea water (if its clean enough) then we all are using some sort of artificial man made salt.

Making a bit of a mountain out of a molehill I think. Nothing wrong with this salt.

In order not to detract from this sales thread, please start a separate thread in another section of the forum to discus your concerns about the various synthetic salt mixes available on the market around the world. Thanks. :)

Seriously.... a whole two posts......

Anyway, Andre, what is the smallest quantity of salt you have available and price please.

Is this salt Purely for sps dominated tanks or can it be used in a mixed reef tank with hard corals as well?

jaa nee synthetic oil is kak too...

However it's the only oil I have used for the last 15 years in my High performance RS6 motor and my TDi's.

I have also use synthetic Salt for aquarium fish tanks in my tanks for the last 4 years.

Is this salt Purely for sps dominated tanks or can it be used in a mixed reef tank with hard corals as well?
@Nemo84, no it the best quality salt in the range, Branded "SPS" with being due to the slightly elevated Ca levels (when compared with the rest of the range)for the SPS demand in using Ca.

Can be used for any aquarium.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reefers we have only been receiving awesome feedback from now many using our Blue Treasure Reef SPS Reef salt.

We are fully sold out of the 20kgs buckets but we still have a few 20.1 kgs cartons available. We have decided to let them go at the same price incl shipping as our 20kg buckets.

The 20.1 kgs carton consist of 3 x individually packed and sealed 6.7kg SPS premium salt bags all in one carton.

Check out hassle free online here: Blue Treasure SPS Reef Synthetic Salt | Reef Aquatics, Online Aquarium Store in Cape Town, reef aquarium equipment, marine fish and corals

Blue%20Treasure%2020_1kg%20box.jpg

Blue%20Trasure%20SPS%206.jpg

Reefers we have only been receiving awesome feedback. To date we now have MANY reefers using our Blue Treasure Reef SPS Reef salt.

We are fully sold out of the 20kgs buckets but we still have a few 20.1 kgs cartons available. We have decided to let them go at the same price incl shipping as our 20kg buckets.

The 20.1 kgs carton consist of 3 x individually packed and sealed 6.7kg SPS premium salt bags all in one carton.

Check out hassle free online here: Blue Treasure SPS Reef Synthetic Salt | Reef Aquatics, Online Aquarium Store in Cape Town, reef aquarium equipment, marine fish and corals

Blue%20Treasure%2020_1kg%20box.jpg

Blue%20Trasure%20SPS%206.jpg

Last edited:
$$$??

Back
Top Bottom