Urgent help needed Blue Regal tang got ich

54564f1a50b3a9816.jpg

You might want to have a look thru these Sites and Threads until someone can give you the specific answers you might be looking for...are you sure it's Ich..? Hard to say by the Picture...

10944d5110a7027e1.jpg

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part I by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com
Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part II by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com
Urgent help needed Powder Blue - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Urgent help needed White spot - Marine Aquariums of South Africa
Urgent help needed newbie first post -white spots - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Quote by RiaanP
You cannot treat the whitespot on the fish, its under the fish scales or on the gills. The ones under scales is within the protective slime coating. So unless you got something that can penetrate the slime, you will not be able to treat it on the fish.
When it falls off, you got a few hours to treat it. Once it reach the substrate and encysts nothing can touch it. Except hypo salinity that breaks down a big percentage of the cysts. But some do survive. Hatching and you have another 8 to 18 hours to kill the parasite. BEFORE it can reach the host.
Then WS is clever. They fall of mostly at night, before midnight. So they fall off where the fish sleeps. And they hatch just before dawn. Where the fish sleeps. That helps them in being able to find a host.
The goal is to remove the WS from the fish. But you cannot treat the fish in the display environment.
My opinion, the only solution is to remove the environment from the fish.

Bucket Method QT...
Bucket Method Quarantine - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Last edited:
My suggestion would be feed all the livestock in your tank the green marine algae / noori which has been treated with garlic. Most LFS sell it. Make sure it has garlic in it. Should say so on the packaging :)

Just keep feeding as long as they are eating. My point is try and get them to eat as much as possible and the white spot should dissapear in a few days :thumbup:

I am giving this advice because when I first bought my Regal it also developed white spot pretty bad. By almost overfeeding with the garlic it cleared up in a couple of days. It is all about getting their immune system up. The garlic provides the Vitamin C and other healing properties to allow the fish to fight the parasite without treating the water with medicines. This again is my opinion :whistling:

Ive got a bottle of Kent Marine Garlic Xtreme you can have to soak the food that your Regal is eating

Use your ninja skills combined with Bruce Lee reflexes and catch with your hands
:tt2::tt2::tt2:

Okay but seriously now try get him into the short side of tank and bring the net up from the bottom. I find it easier that way. And obviously use a big net

Some people say UV helps, turned my UV on and fed them garlic enriched pellets and flakes and norry to my tangs. Things cleared up for me.

Gud luck with your dorry

I bought my Herbtana from Jungle Aquatics.

Why not just phone them and ask if they have stock?

Back
Top Bottom