Votes: 28 56.0%
  • Blue background

Votes: 22 44.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leslie hempel

Professional Aquarist
Reaction score
for ages noe we have been discussing what colour background we should use for our tank, is it just me or does blue look better...

see comparison below.. to be fair i looked for an aged pic with the bleu backgound.. check it out
2018.gif

with Blue background
001-9.gif

Hmm u may be right, the blue does look quite nice, although it does bring out the algae growth on the sides nicely :p, which the black would more likely hide.

I like dark blue not light blue .. i have light blue as a result i cant see my chromis as there colour blends in with the background..

Blue gradually changing to black at the bottom

I absolutely love black backgrounds, just bring the colors out much more, but on the other hand the blue looks more natural, would still go with the black though!

I have black, brings out the colors of your reef better. Especially prime colors like Yellow, Red, Blue ect.

As in my current setup I prefer blue.Gives off a sparkling water effect with the halides and look very natural .

Myself and Les were just debating which was better to do for the back of my tank, i said black and he said blue...seems the majority is with me on what they prefer.

ps.
... i think u got a bit of a manga problem scubaninja :p.

ha ha some good comment there guys.. its forever going to be a question of personal taste.. what i like may not be what you like.. thats what makes us different.. and thank goodness for that.. Kunhardt this is just an example to allow you to explore your options.. i have always just been a fan of blue.. mindnight blue plascon G116 tinted in velvaglo to be exact:whistling:.. jokes as i asked you via skype and as has been illustrated here.. different fish show better wuth various backgrounds.. i think you need to look a little broader to be able to make a decision..

i always try to include the primary colours to enhance my favourite fish EG: red = Flame angel or flame hawkfish, yellow = yellow tang or heraldi i angel, Blue = blue background. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom