Best SLR Camera settings

Reaction score
Hi reefmates.

Can anyone give me the best settings to use on my Canon EOS to take good tank pics.

Thanx

sorry philip but thats too wide a variation on camera settiongs to be able to help you with any meaning. if you are not sure how shutter speed and appature settings work and how they opperate in relation to each other with the available light the camera has to work with, then its best to learn these as thtas the only way to realy get good consistant pics.

However you can put the camera on 'green mode' which is full auto and let the camera work these out for you, but you wont get as good pics as those whereby the photographer uses priority settings.

Check the net there are loads of forums that will give you good advice. I know when I first got my SLR a guy told me if are not sure on what settings to use take a couple of shots on full auto until you get something you like. Then take note of the settings the camera chose and that will give you a pretty good idea on settings to start on

Oh and a couple of other small things that I've picked up.
Make sure all the lights are off in the room.
Get the front of your lens as close to the tank glass as possible.
And try and stat as square to the tank glass as possible. I found things always seemed out of focus unless I was square to the tank.
Try and invest in the best macro lens you an afford as this will alow you to use a low appature setting and still get a decent shutter speed.
And switch off all your pumps as this will stop your corals from moving if you don't have enough light to freeze the moment you are trying to capture.
And lastly use a tripod with a remote release. This will also help get a more steady shot.
Hope these pointers help you out a bit.

Back
Top Bottom