Best glue for salt water tanks

Thanks, my pinwheel in my skimmer broke and now I need to stick it back. Tried silicon and super glue and both failed in 2 minutes

No the shaft is still intact. It is the pinwheel that connects to a plastic piece that snapped. I am not sure how to explain it. But it is a deltec 701 skimmer. so I just need to glue the plastic to plastic. It was glued in the first place. So there must be something that will hold it. But the shaft is ok

No the shaft is still intact. It is the pinwheel that connects to a plastic piece that snapped. I am not sure how to explain it. But it is a deltec 701 skimmer. so I just need to glue the plastic to plastic. It was glued in the first place. So there must be something that will hold it. But the shaft is ok

Hmmm, plastic to plastic - wonder if PVC weld will do the trick?

Thanks for all the replies. I will give the super glue gel a try first and if that is not sucessfull I will try the pvc weld.

No Prob thanks for all the advice I will try the super glue gel tonight. Hopefully it does the trick.

I have a Octopus 2000 pump on my TS2 and for some reason the plastic pin sheered off causing the impeller to spin on the shaft. I glued it in place with normal superglue and it worked. Ordered a new impeller to replace. It never broke again, it is more than a year ago and still running with the glued impeller and the new one is still lying in a box :)

Yes that sounds the same as what happend to mine. I have used super glue gel to glue it back. I made sure I put on enough so I am leaving it for 24 hours to dry. I will try it tonight. Hopefully it works.

I dried mine decently with a hairdrier just to make sure it's not wet on the inside and then I let the glue run in all the way and everywhere.

BEST thing to use for this kind of thing is Q-BOND simply amazing stuff 100x stronger than just a normal superglue bond....simply sprinkle some powder and then drop some glue on it to let it set like hard plastic in seconds.:)

Thanks Falcon. I ended up using superglue gel and it has worked like a charm. No problems yet. If it does fail at sometime in the future I will try Q-BOND.

Back
Top Bottom