Urgent help needed Batteries corroded

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My tank is cycling and I bought an Energizer led light for my sump when I'm working . Woke up this morning and it was in the sump and the tank is hazy.
1 AAA battery has corroded through the top but looks like all of the material was still inside.

I've kicked in AC and will replace most of the water later today. What do I need to test for and will my rocks be okay? It's a 70L totsl volume sterile tank that's been dosed with bacteria so no LR or anything so drastic changes are possible from my side

dose some seachem prime to get rid of xchlorine as more than likely the dc current has made an inpromptu salt chlorinator in your tank.(imo)

Should I look at something that can bind metals as well as that?

Like the new sig pic lol

Last edited:
i just read through the post again. if there is nothing in tank. just drain an restart.

Cool.

If I replace all water, my Matrix Media should retain what bacteria it has anyway correct?

I'll still get the metal absorber as well and AC Is currently in the tank anyway. Will go get water shortly

cool man good luck. i had the same thing happen and i did waterchanges and ran that bag of cuprisorb i think it is and my livestock excluding clam survived a couple of years ago.

Thanks man, appreciate the help.
Thank goodness I have no livestock and lesson learnt. I was warned and forgot to change the tape on it. My bad.

Back
Top Bottom