Ayoob's SPS dominated Cube

one suggestion i have, while i see ceramic rings, what are you doing for nutrient export?
may i suggest you get hold of perky pets and inquire about Orca nitra-guard

@dallasg Sorry those all came out of my established tank so had it added to new system to jump start will soon remove it, thanks for tip will do some research on it. One question does Nirta-guard need a reactor to be effective? I currently run a refugium which contains culerpa, purigen, LR and perform weekly WC of 25L.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ayoob, looking good there bud. Whats the height of your stand?

Last edited by a moderator:
Small update added some more Fiji LR and did a rescape to allow for some coral ill be adding this new week hopefully.

Last edited:
Right side View
46094f8aab4b9b295.jpg

Front view
46094f8aab4ba1c0e.jpg

46094f8aab4ba5ed0.jpg

46094f8aab4baa528.jpg

Thanks bro. I'm getting there you should see this stunning corals I've reserved will take pics as soon as I add it. Yes only 16 000k, pics don't do justice to colour as it all was taken with cell phone. When i get a proper camera ill take pics. You are welcome to come around anytime to check face to face.

Biocubes don't need a reactor per say, but will be at its most effective with a decent flow rate around / through it. I find a hang on filter works great. Not nearly as costly as a reactor. For your size system, a max of 400ml will suffice. Really a fantastic product, hassle free and it simply works.
I would also recommend a po4 remover, phosguard, phosphaguard, rowaphos, etc. Especially if you are heading the sps route and of course some carbon.

Looking good, nice white sand ;-)

Also switching from 14k to 16k globe, will be interesting to see the difference.

Thanks. 16 000k is perfect, gives amazing colour and You are welcome to pop around to have a look before you decide.

Biocubes don't need a reactor per say, but will be at its most effective with a decent flow rate around / through it. I find a hang on filter works great. Not nearly as costly as a reactor. For your size system, a max of 400ml will suffice. Really a fantastic product, hassle free and it simply works.
I would also recommend a po4 remover, phosguard, phosphaguard, rowaphos, etc. Especially if you are heading the sps route and of course some carbon.

Thanks for the useful tips appreciate your help. I suppose you referring to Nitra-guard. Hang on filter is a good idea, I currently have a 3500lph return flow through sump will it be enough flow? Ill try and get me some this weekend and a good phosphate remover. I do have some purigen, still necessary to add some carbon?

Back
Top Bottom