Attention Vertex Skimmer Owners

Reaction score
Hi guy's, comtemplating purchasing the Vertex Omega 150 for my 200 litre cube.
Would appreciate your opinions and experiences with this skimmer.
Thanks

Lovely skimmer..only problem is getting spares as Aquarium depot no longer importing the vertex range..iv been looking for a spare impeller..looks like I'll have to import one directly

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Lovely skimmer..only problem is getting spares as Aquarium depot no longer importing the vertex range..iv been looking for a spare impeller..looks like I'll have to import one directly

Thats a bummer.

I do think that Vertex should make a plan to sell directly if there are no distributors in SA anymore.

Its not too difficult to get tuned in...you can actually set the skimmer exactly how you need it as you can make adjustments on the outlet pipe to set waterlevel in the skimmer..and you can fine tune the venturi to set amount of airpull

Probably going to look at other skimmers, if vertex spare parts are not available in S.A.

we sell vertex skimmers and parts......aquarium depot took over vertex when previous guy no longer could and they stil do keep the majority of the items and spares,
there are a few things they dont bring in but not much

The little ive read about vertex skimmers they look like the Rolce Royce of skimmers

Great to hear @TheWaterboy. I know that Aquarium depot do import some of the parts on special request. Just don't know if it is cheaper than importing it your self. I just bought a Vertex skimmer (thanks @leslie hempel) and Vertex SR260 (again thanks @leslie hempel) and the build quality on these items are impressive. Haven't had a chance to use the skimmer yet as I am looking at purchasing a new tank for it (can't wait) but as I said the build quality alone says a lot about this skimmer.

when i bought my light and skimmer the rand was in better shape for me to have upgraded to bigger units to service my new larger system would have hurt my pocket too much. the product quality is still the best ive ever seen

Reactions: EFJ
No offence but I emailed aquarium depot and tried 4 different lfs..it's not available in sa anymore..aquarium depot has cut alot of the brand names so we no longer get Brightwells,vertex etc here. @TheWaterboy contact aquarium depot and see if they have the impellor for me as well as Brightwells Koral colour additive and let me know

@4age i deal with aquarium depot daily.....they do stock vertex.
brightwell has been discontinued.
strange that you say you emailed them and they say they dont supply as they called me and asked me reply to the post by aslam???
why not ask whoever sold you the skimmer to do the running around for the impellor???
if you dont come right ill speak to donovan for you and if they dont have it in stock he'll get it
i cant tell you if there is stock as i dont know the model of what you have.

bottom line is vertex is still on aquarium depots list of suppliers they distribute

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom