Ashraf's window into the reef

Looking great dude! That plating is looking insane! :)

Thanks, but to be honest the monti's are really becoming a problem, because they just wont stop growing and are starting to cause a lot of shade. Fragging just seems to make it worse. At feeding time the fish sometimes crash up against them during he chaos which then cause pieces to break of and start growing new sections where they land all over again.

Besides that they are encrusting other SPS and LPS. They look so beautiful when left to grow like they see fit that I just cant get used to considering it as a weed though.

Damed if you do damed if you don't. LOL

Looking great dude! That plating is looking insane! :)

Thanks, but to be honest the monti's are really becoming a problem, because they just wont stop growing and are starting to cause a lot of shade. Fragging just seems to make it worse. At feeding time the fish sometimes crash up against them during he chaos which then cause pieces to break of and start growing new sections where they land all over again.

Besides that they are encrusting other SPS and LPS. They look so beautiful when left to grow like they see fit that I just cant get used to considering it as a weed though.

Damed if you do damed if you don't. LOL

I remove weeds for free:scooter:

LOL - I'm experimenting with the weeds at the moment by fragging different ones and sticking them together to see if I can make up a multicolored plating monti into the shape I want. Its kinda like coral bonzai / lego :tt2:

If the experiment fails I will through some of the weeds your way no need to break your back with gardening:p

amalick that tank is absolutely healthy and amazing,well done boet!

Proves that you don't need an sps dominated tank for it to be colorful and beautiful:yeahdude:

Back
Top Bottom